Summary: Jesus turn things around if He is invited to, If He is asked to, If we do what He says to do, If we use what is available to, and if we have faith in Him to.
John 2:1-11 “Jesus turns things if”
Jesus can turn things if he is invited to, If he is asked to, if we do what he asks us to do, if we allow him to use what is available to use, and if we have faith in him to.
1. Jesus can turn things around if he is invited to. We need to invite Jesus Jesus' mother was there, 2and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding.
• Jesus can handle any situation: Note what the prophet said, Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there anything too hard for me?" [Jer. 32:27]
• We must invite Jesus into every situation otherwise he can’t change things if he is not invited to.
• If Jesus had not been invited to the house of Jarius his daughter would have never been healed 41Then a man named Jairus, a ruler of the synagogue, came and fell at Jesus' feet, pleading with him to come to his house 42because his only daughter, a girl of about twelve, was dying.
2. Jesus can turn situations around if “He is asked to”
• 3When the wine was gone, Jesus' mother said to him, "They have no more wine." 4"Dear woman, why do you involve me?" Jesus replied. "My time has not yet come."
• If we want Jesus to turn our situation around then we must ask:
• John 14:13-14 - And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do,
Matthew 21:22 - And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
John 14:14 - If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do [it].
• Jeremiah 33:3 - Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.
3. Jesus can turn problems around if we do what “He says to do” Note what they did
• 5His mother said to the servants, "Do whatever he tells you."
• 7Jesus said to the servants, "Fill the jars with water"; so they filled them to the brim.
• 8Then he told them, "Now draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet." They did so,
• Remember Elisha told Naaman to go dip 7 times in the Jordan “Then went he down, and dipped himself seven times in Jordan, according to the saying of the man of God: and his flesh came again like unto the flesh of a little child, and he was clean.” Just do what He says
4. Jesus can turn problems around by “using what is available to use” 6Nearby stood six stone water jars, the kind used by the Jews for ceremonial washing, each holding from twenty to thirty gallons.If we are available then he can use us
• One of things I noticed is in any miracles Jesus used ordinary stuff that was available to use Five loaves two fish to feed the thousands, He used speech to calm the storm “peace be still”, He used the opposite side of a boat to catch fish he said “cast your net on the other side”, He used a touch to heal a woman with an issue of blood by “touching the hymn of his garment” He used faith that was available how many times have we heard “thy faith hath made thee whole”.
5. Jesus turns things around by our faith in him to do it. 11This, the first of his miraculous signs, Jesus performed at Cana in Galilee. He thus revealed his glory, and his disciples put their faith in him
• When we have faith in him “all things are possible to him that believes”
• One quote I found was the following “I have faith Jesus can change beer into furniture” That is, money that had been spent on beer was now being spent on the family.
• Moses had Faith to turn the sour into the sweet. . 23When they came to Marah, they could not drink its water because it was bitter. (That is why the place is called Marah.E) 24So the people grumbled against Moses, saying, "What are we to drink?" 25Then Moses cried out to the LORD, and the LORD showed him a piece of wood. He threw it into the water, and the water became sweet.
• Paul once hated Christianity but God turned his hatred into love for Christianity
Let’s put our faith in him to turn our angers into joys The wedding at Cana is a metaphor for new, transformational beginnings His disciples “believed in him.” So should we.
6. Finally Jesus can turn things around if we invite him to, if we ask him to, if we do what He says to do , if we let Him use what is available to be used, and if we have Faith in Him to do it.