Summary: The sermon shares how not ok we are but Jesus is ok enough to fix us despite our un ok situation.
“Jesus Christ is more than OK” Romans 3:10-18
1. We are not OK. The text today it starts out by saying that none of us are ok.
• "There is no one righteous, not even one; 11 there is no one who understands, no one who seeks God.
2. Secondly the writer says were "SO" not Ok that we
• 12All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one."C
3. Were so Not Ok that are mouth expresses the corruption of the heart
• 13"Their throats are open graves; their tongues practice deceit."D
• The Psalmist explains as such : Psalm 5: 9Not a word from their mouth can be trusted; their heart is filled with destruction. Their throat is an open grave; with their tongue they speak deceit. 10Declare them guilty, O God!
4. We are so Not OK that we are like Poison "The poison of vipers is on their lips."E
5. Our Text shares how not OK we really are
• Charles Spurgeon call this A sorrowful Reminder "There is no one righteous, not even one;
• The Sorrowful reminder is we all have sinned and fell short of the glory of God.
• Isaiah says 64:6 We are all infected and impure with sin. When we display our righteous deeds, they are nothing but filthy rags. Like autumn leaves, we wither and fall, and our sins sweep us away like the wind
• To those who do not believe is a Horrible Conclusion of life
6. We are Not Ok But Jesus Christ is more than ok because He can forgive our sins.
• 1 John1 :7-9the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from allB sin. 8If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
7. Jesus is more than ok because He gives us victory over sin
• 1 Corinthians 15:55"Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?"H 56The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
8. Jesus Christ is more than Ok because He does not Condemn us but save Us
• Romans 81Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus
9. In conclusion No we are not Ok but Jesus is more than OK so consider doing the following
• Admit – that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior (Rom 6:23). 23For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life inB Christ Jesus our Lord.
• Abandon – self-effort and realize that you can not be saved by your works or your own efforts (Acts 16:31), "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved--you and your household
• Accept freely Christ’s payment for your sins, required of the Father (John 3:16)16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,F that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
• Acknowledge Jesus Christ as your personal lord and Savior (Acts 4:12) 12Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."