Summary: Jesus performs a tremendous miracle for a woman. Jesus is amazing Boom, nailed it. Todays text shares how Jesus is amazing or he is the Boom.
Jesus is the BOOM” Luke 13:10-17
There are many signature moves consider the following:
• Michael Jordan fist and arm up after a shot nailed it Boom!
• Yusane Bolt displays a lightning bolt after running by the competition with a smile Nailed it, BOOM!,
• Serena Williams slides with both fists in the air after a tennis championship win.
• Chest bump, figure in air number one, Nike commercial Standing at fence Bo Jackson says, “Impress me” Baseball hit over fence, Bo Jackson says BOOM, Football hits guys turns a flip BOOM
1. Jesus astonishes the crowd with his teaching in today’s reading 10 Jesus was teaching in one of the synagogues,
• Scriptures says, ". Mark 1 22The people were amazed at his teaching, because he taught them as one who had
authority, not as the teachers of the law. Nailed It BOOM!
• Jesus teachings were anointed with the Holy Spirit 18"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor, proclaim freedom for the prisoners, recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, 19 to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor." Nailed It BOOM!
• His teachings revealed God : The voice from heaven this is my beloved son hear him Nailed IT BOOM!
• His teachings foretold things to come : " 5For many will come in my name, claiming, `I am the Christ, 6You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, 7Nation will rise against nation,. There will be famines and earthquakes, 8All these beginning of birth pains. 9" you will be handed over to be persecuted, false prophets will appear 12 Because of increase of wickedness, the love of many will grow or wax cold,. 14And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
2. He teaches in the Galilean Synagogue in the text. Today note the woman is crippled by a spirit
• A woman appears who has a spirit that has crippled her woman was there who had been crippled by a
spirit for eighteen years.
• Consider the evil Spirit They know Jesus (Mark 1:24), 23Just then a man in their synagogue who was possessed by an evilE spirit cried out, 24"What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us?
I know who you are--the Holy One of God!"
• The Evil Spirit bow to him and call him Son of the Most High (5:6), 6When he saw Jesus from a distance, he ran and fell on his knees in front of him. 7He shouted at the top of his voice, "What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? Swear to God that you won't torture me!" 8For Jesus had said to him, "Come out of this man, you evil spirit!" 9Then Jesus asked him, "What is your name?" "My name is Legion," he replied, "for we are
many." describe him as "
• Evil Spirits obey him (Matt 8:16), 16When evening came, many who were demon-possessed were brought to
him, and he drove out the spirits with a word and healed all the sick
3. In the text Jesus is confronted by adversities such as Synagogue Ruler, and wrong day for miracles
• 14Indignant because Jesus had healed on the Sabbath, the synagogue ruler said to the people, "There are six days for work. So come and be healed on those days, not on the Sabbath."
• Jesus’s Response to the Ruler "You hypocrites! Doesn't each of you on the Sabbath untie his ox or donkey from the stall and lead it out to give it water? 16This woman, a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has kept bound for eighteen long years, be set free on the Sabbath day from what bound her?"
5. Adversities come, but Jesus has signature moves also, Jesus is the Greatest of all Time, Awe, Awesome
• Notice the woman was bent over unable to stand straight Up Jesus uses a signature move “Laid
Hands on Her” then she stood straight UP BOOM! Nailed it
• Life Burdens you can’t stand straight up, because you were caught Up consider remember the woman caught Up in adultery Jesus wrote (signature Move) and then said, those without sin cast the first stone.
• Life harms many are bent over can’t stand straight Up, They are hurt the widow of Nain Jesus
uses a signature move (Touches the coffin) Jesus young man rise UP! BOOM nailed it
• People can’t stand straight Up because they are pover-ished But Jesus allows one to Rise UP above the ashes” Their only recourse is beggers status, but Jesus says silver and gold have I none but such