Summary: The sermon is based upon the idea that no matter what happens, no matter where, and no matter what the results are of seeds being sowed, just keep on sowing.
Matthew 13:1-9 “Just Keep on Sowing”
1. The Parable of the Sower, Jesus identifies four types of ground upon which the sower's seeds fall:
A. The seeds sown along the path (v. 4); on the path the seeds are exposed and carried off by hungry birds.
B. Secondly the seed is sown on rocky ground (vv. 5-6) dies quickly because the soil is not deep enough to be rooted.
C. Thirdly the seed is sown among thorns (v. 7); Seeds surrounded by thorns are choked off from growing.
D. Fourth the seed is sown in good soil (8). Only good soil produces positive results.
2. Consider the Seed sown Along a Path
A. Seeds sown along path the results are carried off. Individuals hear but do not understand. The evil one snatches away something that has been sown. 19When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is the seed sown along the path. The sower Keeps on sowing.
3. The Seed on Rocky Places sown results in quick growth and quick death . verses 20-2120The one who received the seed that fell on rocky places is the man who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. 21But since he has no root, he lasts only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, he quickly falls away.
• the one who "immediately receives it with joy" (v. 20) too soon becomes the one who "immediately falls away" (v. 21).
• These are not grounded in the Faith hard to sustain a lasting commitment. The sower just keeps sowing.
4. The Seed sown among thorns in verse 22. 22The one who received the seed that fell among the thorns is the man who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke it, making it unfruitful.
• Cares of the world and lure of wealth choke the word This results no spiritual growth whatsoever.
• Note the sower keeps on sowing
5. Where seed is sown in good soil corresponds to "one who hears the word and understands it" (v. 23) 23But the one who received the seed that fell on good soil is the man who hears the word and understands it. He produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown." which results in fruitful action there is fruition
• The sower just keeps on sowing.
6. "The farmer in our story is not overly cautious," says professor of New Testament theology Donald H. Juel. "He throws seed everywhere, apparently confident there will be a harvest in spite of the losses." He simply keeps sowing his seed, believing that growth will come.
• Jesus "is not cautious about where he preaches and on whom he invests his time," insists Juel. Jesus simply keeps sowing the word of the kingdom of God,
• Jesus keeps son Sowing despite Religious people who wonder if he is possessed (12:22-24), When Jesus healed the demon possessed man the people said, “Could this be the Son of David, but the Pharisees said, "It is only by Beelzebub,D the prince of demons, that this fellow drives out demons."
• Jesus keeps on sowing even though disciples struggle to understand him (16:21-26) 21Jesus explained to his disciples he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life. What?
• 22Peter took him aside "Never, Lord!" he said. "This shall never happen to you!" Peter did not understand
• 24The Disciple did not grasp the idea of "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25For whoever wants to save his lifeH will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it. Don’t understand
• 26What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?
• Jesus Keeps on sowing although people like the young rich man who cannot part with his possessions in order to follow Jesus (19:16-22). 16Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?" 21Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, give up your stuff and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." 22When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.
The Message here is just Keep Sowing don’t be concerned about the results.