Summary: This Week we celebrate our independence. Independence from WHAT? Our Nation’s Capital is filled with reminders, but to many it remains a secret.
LAUS DEO - Monumental Faith, Monumental Praise
By William Akehurst, HSWC
This Week we celebrate our independence. Independence from WHAT?
Our Nation’s Capital is filled with reminders, but to many it remains a secret.
Psalm 33:12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.
1. Ps 117 – We are to give praise as a people, and as a nation
2. Deut 6 – We are to love the LORD will everything in us. Remembering to teach others about the LORD.
3. Joshua 4 talks about creating memorials so future generations will know
4. Our nation was founded upon the one true GOD, but many do not see it or understand it.
5. Founded on the ONE TRUE GOD
5.a. Presidential Quotes
5.b. Lincoln, national day of prayer
6. John 1:5 – Our nation was founded on Godly principles, but many Americans don’t understand it; and even reject it.
7. Psalm 33:12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.
8. Washington Monument
8.a. No other building is allowed higher then the monument in all of DC
8.b. Looks like an arrow, pointing upward, to the heavens
8.c. On top of its east face, resides a 5” Plaque – Proclaiming to our nation. LAUS DEO, which means, Praise Be to GOD.
8.d To the East of the monument is our nation’s capital. From the capital, our leaders look onward to the monument pointing them to GOD proclaiming to PRAISE THE LORD. But many of them are in the dark. John 1:5
9. Without GOD, we are nothing. Without GOD, our nation will suffer. Without GOD, our nation will fall.
10. We must act now. 2 Chronicles 7:14
11. As Children of GOD, we must pray for HIS forgiveness. We must pray for our leaders. We must pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, for our nation.
O praise the LORD, all ye nations: praise him, all ye people. For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the LORD endureth for ever. Praise ye the LORD.
And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it
Many of the new generation, have not remembered what we are independent from. They do not understand the tyranny; they do not understand their freedom.
Yes, there are soldiers who stand for us everyday across the globe, and we see the benefits of them standing in our place, defending that which we believe in.
We have received the blessing, and we must never forget from where it came.
Joshua shows us memorials were created to be seen by generations that follow. Memorials of the testimony of victory.
Read: Joshua 4:2-7
What is it we are to teach the next generation? To Love the LORD.
Read: Deuteronomy 6:4-8
Our nation is in trouble. I’m very concerned about this next presidential election. Where do they stand? For WHOM do they stand?
Do realize that which is right before their very eyes?
If you’ve ever been to Washington DC, you can not help but realize that the founding of our country was based on Godly principles, and a HIGHER calling. Scripture abounds throughout our nations capital.