Summary: Sermon for a elderly man 84 years old god Christian man.
There was a male nurse the day Leo came out of surgery, Leo he was not very alert at all, until the young good looking male nurse hugged Louise and Leo crossed those arms as if to say she’s mine and you better not hug her I love her! And this may mean pain to your physical body. I laughed so hard that that 84 year old was ready to jump him. It was cute my wife said.
1. One thing I knew about Leo was that he was passionate about Louise
• He was passionate about his love for Louise
• Consider this poem by Eric Jong Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for.
• I think that was the kind of love I seen that day with Leo .
2. Something else I recognized about Leo was he was passionate about Prayer
• I was praying with him one day at the Hospital he just broke out in prayer to.
• Our Prayers will be successful if we have a humble heart If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. (2 Chronicles 7:14, NIV)
• According to the Word Wholeheartedness is a key to answered prayers You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. (Jeremiah 29:13, NIV)
• Faith is great part of prayers answered. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
• I noticed how easy Leo left this world hear the results of a Righteousness man’s prayer Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. (James 5:16, NIV)
3. Leo was also passionate about Church “My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because servants do not know their master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.” (John 15:12-15)
• How do you feel about the Church? Leo was passionate about His church?
• Leo was Passionate about church because he could share the old old story of Jesus and his love. When we begin to experience God’s passion for us we seek out and want to be with others who have the same experience. I think that what Leo knew about the church Old men chew tobacco around pot belly stove and spit to hear it sizzle sharing
story Odells Grocery in Leivasy
• Sometimes we see the Church as an institution? As a building? As a denomination?
• I think Leo saw the church as his family? His brothers and sisters? He was Excited to be together? To catch up on the week and find out how his friends were doing? If we really understand how much God loves us Jesus would not need to command us to love each other as he has loved us. Church you treated Leo & Louise like family Louise is so proud of you Carr Memorial UMC.
4. Leo had another Passion it was for His Home him and Louise shared
• They built a home not of wood but out of love for each other. Louise was always hesitant to leave room
• In This new Home it is the land of No More Pain (No Physical or Emotional Pain)
• In Leo new Home there is no more Crying (No bad news in heaven I have seen grown men brake down in tears as a result of some Crisis)
• Leo will never again encounter “Sorrow”
• Leo never again will he encounter “Death” Oh death where is thy sting Oh grave where is your victory
5. Finally, Leo was Passionate over Louise, he was Passionate about his Prayer Life, He was Passionate about the Family (Church), and he is Passionate about his Home.
• Our Lord is Passionate towards Leo and all of us consider the following Love God has Behold Oh How he loves us He took upon himself the sins of all his people, as Peter writes, "who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree." Oh, how could one who was so pure, so absolutely perfect, ever bear so foul a load? "Behold how he loved us!" Because of No More,