Summary: How can we connect to God by companionship, by having Proper Character, by conditioning, and by continuance.
“This New Year let us Connect” Acts 2:42-47
The Early Church found something we need and that is Connection
1. The early Church connected to God as a result of Constance in their life
42They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching
Daniel prayed consistently threes time a day over Jerusalem despite the edict against prayer
2. The early Church connected to God because they had companionship Look at the text No
individualism but as a unit
• 42They devoted themselves 44 All the believers were together
• 45 they gave to anyone who needed 46 they continued to eat together
• 46 they broke bread in their homes and ate together
The Psalmist says Companionship is Beautiful
• 1How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity!
• 2It is like precious oil poured on the head, running down on the beard, running down on Aaron's beard,
3. The early Church connected to God by having the proper Character
• Their Character was Devotedness (they devoted themselves to apostles teaching)
• Their Character was Giving (they gave to anyone who had need)
• Their Character was Gladness (Broke break with gladness)
• Their Character was Sincerity (genuine desire to help)
4. The early Church connected to God because they communicated The Gospel
• They were able to communicate the Gospel in its truest form everyone the text says was filled with awe,
• 47praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.
5. The early Church connected to God because they were conditioned (Being Prepared)
• . 46Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts.
• This is having preparation at all times Paul claims to Timothy :
• 2Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage
- -with great patience and careful instruction.
6. The early Church connected to God because they had Confidence They were confident in The Christ
he would never leave them
many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles, 47praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people
7. The early Church connected to God by having Continuance .They Kept the Fire
- 46Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts
- The Writer of the Pentateuch claims continuance is Fire .
- Lev 6:13The fire must be kept burning on the altar continuously; it must never go out.
In conclusion: This New Year remember God is a great connector
• When People are thirsty he connects those to the fountain that never runs dry.
• When people are hungry he connects those to manna and become the bread of heaven.
• When people are in darkness he connects those to the LIGHT.
• When people are Blind he connects them to sight.
• When people are poor he connects them to riches
• When people are dying he connects them to eternal life.
• When people are lost he connects them and they are found