Summary: A message examining different theological perspectives.
LIBERALISM VS CONSERVATIVEISM
INTRO: We hear so many things today which dispute what we have been
taught since our youth, and what we believe to be true, that we sometimes get all confused in our beliefs.
Tonight, let us see what God’s word says to us concerning these different interpretations of the Bible.
I. ALL SCRIPTURES ARE INSPIRED (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
A. The Bible was given by God to man.
1. God allowed man’s personality entered into the writing.
2. How else could the theme be the same throughout the Bible?
B. The Bible is God’s infallible word.
1. God doesn’t make mistakes.
2. If you question the fallibility of one part, you must
question it all.
C. The Bible is literal in its meaning.
1. We can know by the prophecies that are fulfilled.
2. Men say the Bible isn’t literal because they don’t want to
accept what it says.
II. TRANSGRESSORS OF THE SCRIPTURE HATH NOT
A. What about the men who don’t believe in the Literal, Infallible,
1. Our text says: "they hath not God".
2. This means that they are lost, doomed to hell.
B. Are we to accept what these men teach?
1. The Bible says: "not to receive them," or "to wish them
2. If we do so, we are as guilty as they.
III. HE THAT ABIDETH HATH BOTH.
A. The man who believes the doctrine of Christ is a Christian.
B. We are to receive Him and help Him in His work.