Summary: The message shares despite all the problems of life or that life is difficult that God remains good.
“Life is Difficult, But God is Good” Hebrews 11:1-3, 8-16
1. Life is difficult, but God is good. Consider the following
• All of us shall encounter loss, sorrow, disappointment, and disillusionment,
• Faith allows us to find our way through struggle the writer says Faith is what we hope for in these times of loss, sorrow, and disappointment I have A hope of a better day, this will pass, I am sure others have it worse than me.
• Faith does not mean we will live successfully, it does not mean we will live victoriously.
2. Faith does mean that we can have Hope 11faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
• Faith does mean we can live secure.
• We live secure in the knowledge that we may have absolute trust, complete confidence, in the promises of God.
• God says, “I promise I see, I hear, I will bring justice” 15The Psalmist proclaims The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their cry; 16the face of the LORD is against those who do evil, to cut off the memory of them from the earth.
3. Faith allows us to live in victory
• “Although life is difficult we can still live victoriously”, Timothy Merrill says “Living victoriously means being relieved of that death grip of panic and doubt that can freeze us out of any forward movement.
• Faith itself is the victor
• Life is difficult but God is good the psalmist claims he has faith in the unseen God. Psalm 121 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth•
• Life is difficult but I have Faith in God's promises,
• Life is difficult but I have faith in God's continued presence --
• Abraham may have said, life is difficult but God is good he promised me I would be the Father of many nations and I am
• Abraham, Jacob, and Isaac journeyed as foreigners and strangers in an unknown land "life was difficult” but there is a city that is not built by hands the builder and maker is God it is in a land where we will never grow old. “God is good
• Sarah felt useless she was barren I laughed at God " life is difficult " but God makes us all useful he gave me a baby I was no longer barren I birthed the child of promise , God is good
4. WE all have encountered struggle, regret, and hopelessness, “Life Is Difficult” but never forget God is Good
• These in the faith chapter were “Hard Pressed on every side” Life is difficult”, but They believed in the parakletos (The one that walks beside) God is Good
• These were Hunted down like dogs, “Life is Difficult” , But God never are abandoned unto our own fate “God is Good”
• Many times we are struck down “life is difficult” but I recall we are not left to die says Job20In famine he will ransom you from death, and in battle from the stroke of the sword. 21You will be protected from the lash of the tongue, and need not fear when destruction comes. 22You will laugh at destruction and famine,
and need not fear the beasts of the earth. Job would say “God is Good”
• While we are still alive death still seeks us “Life is Difficult” but One day 53 the perishable will be clothed with imperishable, and the mortal shall be clothed with immortality. "Death has been swallowed up in victory."G 55"Where, O death, is your victory? Where O death is your sting” “God is Good”