Summary: The message is based on the idea of keeping our marraige with God by obeying and loving God. God means busuness in the marriage there is no grey areas.
Maintaining the Marriage Deuteronomy 30 15-20
1. In order to maintain the marriage Continue the courtship
"Be kindly affectionate one to another ... in honor preferring one another." Romans 12:10. When you dated you were kind affectionate Marriages just don’t happen they must develop
2. Guard your thoughts— Maintaining The marriage remember wrong thinking can destroy a marriage .
• "For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he." Proverbs 23:7. The wrong kind of thinking will destroy your marriage. The devil will trap you with thoughts like these: "Our marriage was a mistake." "She doesn't understand me." "I can't take much more of this." "We can always divorce if necessary." "I'll go home to mother." "He smiled at that woman." Stop thinking thoughts like these or your marriage is gone, Avoid seeing, saying, reading, or hearing anything that (or associating with anyone who) suggests impurity or unfaithfulness. Thoughts uncontrolled are like an automobile in neutral on a hill. Anything can happen, and the result is always disaster.
3. Never retire for the night angry with each other.
• "Let not the sun go down upon your wrath." Ephesians 4:26.
• "Confess your faults one to another." James 5:16
• Be big enough to forgive and to say with sincerity, "I'm sorry”
4. Keep Christ in the center of your home. "Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it." Psalms 127:1
6. Agree that divorce is not the answer. "What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder." Matthew 19:6.
7. God describes love in a odd way."Love is forbearing and kind. Love knows no jealousy. Love does not brag is not conceited. She is not unmannerly, nor selfish, nor irritable, nor mindful of wrongs. She does not rejoice in injustice, but joyfully sides with the truth. She can overlook faults. She is full of trust, full of hope, full of endurance." 1 Corinthians 13:4-7,
8. Determine to speak softly and kindly. “A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger."Proverbs 15:1. "Live joyfully with the wife whom thou lovest." Ecclesiastes 9:9. "When I became a man, I put away childish things." 1 Corinthians 13:11.
1. God and Israel are in covenant with each other we are in covenant as well With God. One might even say we are in relationship with God or we are married to God.
• There are many text that refer to us as Gods Bride and God as The Bride Groom
• Revelation 21:9 - And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
• Matthew 25:1-46 - Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
• Revelation 21:2 - And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.