Summary: We Praise & Worship Because: 1. Of Who He Is 2. Of What He Has Done 3. Of Who We Are 4. It Brings Honor To Him 5. Of What He Is Like
- This is how the world Praises Jesus
- Promote unbelief
- Lost Gospel – New Book
- CTV - Jesus and Mary Magdalene were a "divine couple" that was married with two sons
- ABC’s World News Tonight anchor David Muir on Wednesday (11/12/14) night, promoted a new book "The Lost Gospel"
- ABC News chief foreign correspondent Terry Moran continued “astonishing and, to many, a blasphemous claim”
- CNN -- The question of whether or not Jesus had a wife is back again.
- NBC's TODAY “Absolutely fascinating. Many would argue the biggest story or one of the biggest stories of our lifetime.”
- UNIVISION Tuesday night (11/11/14), the Spanish-language broadcaster offered a favorable story on the book
- Authors Simcha Jacobovici and Barrie Wilson
- The Lost Tomb of Jesus (2007)
- Book Claims Jesus Married Mary Magdalene, Had 2 Children
- Based on manuscript found in British Library dating back 1,450 years
- The key: Every time the text says “Joseph,” they replace it with “Jesus.” Every time the text says “Aseneth,” they replace it with “Mary Magdalene.”
That’s right: Nowhere in this ancient text does the word "Jesus" appear. Or the words "Mary Magdalene."
- The two authors say it reveals that Jesus, far from being a lowly carpenter’s son hailing from the tiny town of Nazareth,
- Instead -- a powerful political figure
- At the highest levels of the Roman Empire.
- Years before the crucifixion, they say, there was a plot to kill him, rape Mary Magdalene, and slaughter their kids.
About Mary Magdalene Jacobovici said today.
- “Not only is he married -- but [the manuscript] celebrates his sexuality.
- She, his wife, is not just Mrs. Jesus
- She’s actually a goddess.
- He’s the son of God, she’s the daughter of God.
- Remove hope & purpose with false claims
- The medias desire is to eradicate truth
- Does this inspire & encourage you?
May Jesus Christ Be Praised
Psalm 69:34 (AV) - Let the heaven and earth praise him, the seas, and every thing that moveth therein
- This song reminds us what Christ has done
- We have a reason to praise & worship
- Translated by Edward Caswell (1814-1878
- First called "When Morning Gilds the Skies" was originally 28 stanzas, but most hymnals today include only four.
- The author of this hymn is an unknown German
- The hymn was translated from German into English
- Was so free a translation that it is practically a new hymn.
- The hymn is said to be a great favorite in St. Paul’s Cathedral, London,
- Caswell was the son of an Anglican clergyman born in England
- He was ordained as an Anglican.
- He converted to Catholicism in 1847, prior to translating this hymn in 1854.
- Caswell translated a number of hymns from Latin into English
- His best known being "Jesus, the Very Thought of Thee."
- This hymn celebrates more than natural wonders.
- It calls us to praise God whether we are at work or at prayer
- Whether in the night or the day
– Even when faced with the powers of darkness,
- They lose their power when subjected to praise to God.
- It calls us to praise God "thro' all the ages long."
- Heaven's worship is the worship of praise
Why Praise Jesus In Worship
- You Become Like What You Worship.
- If you worship superficial things - your life becomes superficial.
- If you worship perverted things - your life becomes perverted.
- If you worship evil things - your life becomes evil.
- If your worship the true God - you become godly.
We come to Sunday School,
We come to church,
We come to Prayer Meeting,
Have we worshipped?
Our minds are easily distracted.
- Tongue can speak
- Little or no thought of worship,
- “The lights on, but nobody’s home”.
Psalm 29:2 - Give unto the Lord the glory due unto his name; worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.
- 17 Old Testament books refer to praising the Lord.
- 11 New Testament books refer to praising the Lord.
- 300 verses refer to praising the Lord
- We get little out of church because we put little into it.
- What Does It Mean To Praise Jesus?
- OT, - “worship” means to “bow down”.
- Submitting ourselves.
- NT Gk - ‘to kiss toward’. “It conveys the idea of showing reverence or doing Homage to God, humans, or even Satan.
- Attitudes (awe, reverence, respect) and actions (bowing, praising, serving).
- Everyone bows to and reverences something or someone.
- Why are we to worship God?
1. Saying - v.1