Summary: David desired so much to please God because of God's awesomeness.
“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of
my heart be acceptable in your site, O Lord My Rock, and My Redeemer” Psalm 19
1. David was a Greatest King of Israel
• David King Israel the great Nation the nation that all in the orient honored and feared.
• David had a lust for the luxuries of the world David a man after the very heart of God.
• David had a divine desire to build a structure for God “The Temple”
• In this Psalm we find a man of great Humanity he is in awe of the wonders of God’s creation
2. David is awe stroke by Gods awesomeness
• Verses 1-4 The heavens announce Gods Glory, The Sky Proclaims Gods Work, By They Speak By Night they Display, Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world, Psalm 19:1-4
• David acknowledges the Greatness of God compared to himself
“I am small. God is big. I am weak. He is strong. The sun is always on time. I, however, am often late. I am creation but He, He is Creator.”
• Charles Spurgeon said, “Though all preachers on earth should grow silent, and every human mouth cease from publishing the glory of God, the heavens above will never cease to declare and proclaim his majesty and glory. They are forever preaching; for, like an unbroken chain, their message is delivered from day to day and from night to night.”
3. David learns God is “Greater than thyself” Kuta kentey held baby up in the African ritual and Held baby high and said “The only thing greater than thyself” verses 7-10
Creation tells us much about God but His Word reveals even more
• law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul; “It revives our soul”
• The statutes of the Lord rejoices the heart; The Word Gives the reader Joy in the soul
• The commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes; Your Word is radiant,
• giving light to the eyes.
• The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever;
• The judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether. God is AWE
• 10They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold; they are sweeter than honey, than honey
4. The Results of the Awe of God, David closes the Song of Psalm 19 with a Request verse 14 May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer, Psalm 19:14
• The work of God speaks The Heavens Declare, The sky Proclaims, Their voice is heard into all the earth and to the ends of the World
• David’s desire is that his words, His work might Please God
• Faith Pleases God “But without faith it is impossible to please Him, Enoch lived in the increasingly evil world before the Flood, but he didn’t go the evil way other people were going. Instead, he “walked with God” and “he pleased God”
• Following, walking, and living the way Jesus did Pleases God “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!” (Matthew 17:5).
• Jesus said He always did “those things that please Him” (John 8:29),
• Falling in Love with God over and over again Pleases God “‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’