Summary: There are a couple of questions that need to be answered when it comes to prayer:
Bible ref: Luke 18: 1
1st Bible reading: Isaiah 62: 6 - 9
2nd Bible reading: Luke 18: 1 - 8
• Father, hear my humble crying, in Jesus Name.
Introduction: Luke 18:1 “And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;”
• Genesis 32:24 - 26: “And Jacob was left alone; ….. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.”
• 1 Thessalonians 5:17 “Pray without ceasing.”
• Isaiah 62: 6 – 7: “I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence. And give him no rest, till he establish, and till he make Jerusalem a praise in the earth”
• 1Kings 18:44 “And it came to pass at the seventh time, that he said, Behold, there ariseth a little cloud out of the sea, like a man's hand. And he said, Go up, say unto Ahab, Prepare thy chariot, and get thee down, that the rain stop thee not.”
• Daniel 10:11 – 13:
Brethren, if there is one secret that the men old knew – which they made use very well to get answers to their prayers, then it is persistence. Persistence will always yield a result either now or later.
# Have you being persistence in the place of prayer, you shall laugh, in Jesus Name
The men of God like Jacob and Daniel demonstrated it for us and we ought to follow their example.
Brethren, do you know that persistence works in any area that is applied, be it spiritual, circular and physical. It works for both Believers and unbelievers alike.
#The time you spend persisting can only be determined on the impotency of the results that you are expecting.
However, there are a couple of questions that need to be answered, when it comes to prayer:
• What if we have prayed and nothing happen? Faith must set in. Hebrew 11:1
• What if God hear but He did not answer? The prayer may be amiss. James 4:3 “Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.” Let stop asking amiss.
• What if God hear, answered and yet we did not receive the answer? The prince of Persia must be at work (Daniel 10:13).
Brethren, if all thing being equal in the right perspective: That is, the sins are forgiving by God, we have persisted in the place of prayer, God did hear us and answer and yet there is no result because of the prince of Persian: It may mean that it is time to degree a thing. (Job 22:28 “Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways.”)
2 Corin. 10: 6 “And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled”.
Brethren, degree a thing means to put in place a necessary thing by an established authority.
I don’t know what you may have to put in place by the authority bestow on you by your Father in Heaven through our LORD Jesus. However, this I think I know, if you did not put in place, you may not have it in place (Occupy till I come – Luke 19:13).