Summary: Mom's prayers help each of us through life, her prayers changed me, change things, gets us closer to God, help us face the unknowns of life, and keeps us in the will of God.
Moma’s Prayers Psalm 31: 1-5, 15-16
1. My Momma’s Prayer’s I certainly believe have got me where I am
Mama's prayers by Merle Haggard lyrics go “ Mommas prayers were always with me through the battlefields of life She prayed for me and said amen in the name of Jesus Christ
• Mom prayed for us when we were little, young, and when we are old.
• Mom Prayed when there was poverty, unease’s, and instability
• Mom Believed prayer change things, gets us closer to God, help us face the unknowns of life, and keeps us in the will of God.
2. Prayer is vital Jesus prayed so we need to pray Jesus prayed at critical moments in His life
• his baptism (Luke 3:21), (b) the choice of the apostles (6:12-13), (c) ) before the cross in Gethsemane (22:39-40), on the cross (23:46). (2) he prayed before miracles performed like feeding 5000 \
• Jesus prayer Life was so convincing and influential that The disciples said , "Lord, teach us to pray" (Luke
3. The Psalmist believed like Mom prayer changes us. More than changing the outcome of the situation in front of us —
• Prayer changes our relationship with God. The more we pray the closer we get to God Psalm 31is a prayer for God to deliver : “Incline your ear to me; rescue me speedily. Be a rock of refuge for me, a strong fortress to save me” (v. 2).
• Prayer is the deepening of a relationship. It asks for God to hear us and rescue us, and it requests that God be a rock of refuge, a place of safety and stability, a mighty fortress, a location of salvation. What it does not request is a change to the situation being faced.
• Prayer changes us . “ We pray and we believe “You are indeed my rock and my fortress; for your name’s sake lead me and guide me,”). Prayer doesn’t change the path of hurricanes or the outcome of events, but it does change us.
• Prayer It draws us into a deeper relationship with the God who saves us, even as it asks for God’s leadership and guidance.
4. The Psalmist and Mom believed Prayer gets us closer to God so we can face the unknowns
• Vs 15 “ My times are in your hands” When you are facing a tough situation, at school, at home or in the office, mental and emotional health. Hang in there. Pray for serenity, courage and wisdom. My moments, My troubles, My crisis, My Health issues, my weakness, My salvation, is in your hands.
• That exactly what Daniel believed His times were in God’s hands . Daniel said he prayed 3So I turned to the Lord God and pleaded with him in prayer and petition, in fasting, and in sackcloth and ashes.
• Daniel was thrown in the lion’s den “My times are in your hands” Daniel said “May the king live forever! 22 My God sent his angel, and he shut the mouths of the lions. They have not hurt me, because I was found innocent in his sight. Nor have I ever done any wrong before you, Your Majesty.”
5. Mom and the Psalmist believed Prayer keeps us in the will of God
• The will of God: God wants to save us from the worst that life can throw at us, The more we pray we will find ourselves Trusting in God more and more
• Prayer kept The psalmist in Gods will: God becomes the rock of rescue, He becomes the Fortress, The Psalmist commits “His spirit” my me unto you,
• We will believe My moments my times are in your hands, We will believe Steadfast Love of God Hesed
• Paul’s Mother maybe inspired Paul to write “I am more than a conqueror through Him who loved us. Death, nor life, nor anything else, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus .