Summary: Appreciating the role of a music minister
MUSIC & THE ANOINTING
BISHOP DAVID IBELEME
Unity/Agreement => Anointing - Ps. 133; 2 Chronicles 5:11ff.
Agreement = harmony + symphony (musical terminologies)
The anointing = Glory of God = God’s Manifest presence
Every advantage of Unity/Agreement is available through music.
Therefore Music is essential in ushering in the manifest presence of the God - Psalm 100.
It is a major tool to express ourselves viz - rejoicing, thanksgiving, praise and worship.
The prophetic anointing is enhanced by it - 2 Kg. 3:15, 1 Sam. 10:5ff, Acts 13:1ff. (The song of the Lord/Prophetic Song - Spirit of Prophesy.)
It is the foundation for the release of other gifts - Ps. 22:3, Heb. 2.
It is a weapon of War - Ps. 8:2, Ps. 149, 2 Chron. 20. Even modern armies use it.
It brings Refreshing and deliverance - 1 Sam. 16:14ff, 16 and 23.
The Consecration Of The Music Minister.
1. Peculiar - 1 Pet. 2:9.
First qualification is to have a part in the covenant -1 Sam. 16 (David was the Son of Jesse the Bethlehemite).
2. Power - Faith
- Boldness (man of valour)
3. Prayer - Personal fellowship with God
- Intercession (man of war)
4. Prudence - Wisdom/Intelligence
This deals with a "Tamed" tongue - 1 Sam. 18:12ff
5. Pleasant/Purity - Cleanliness (neat)
- Holiness - comely - 2 Chron. 5:11ff.
6. Perception - Spiritual sensitivity
- Hears God well - The Lord is with Him
- Must be filled with the Holy Spirit
7. Professionalism - ability to play (seek to improve yourself continually).
8. Pliable - Servants heart - 1 Sam. 16:21
This speaks of the ability to adapt.
This deals with being available
You have to be present to usher in the presence of God
Has "On time" anointing
Has a spirit of urgency
Copyright 2006 Bishop David Ibeleme
Victorious Faith Ministries, P.O. Box 4378, St. Ann’s, Port of Spain.Trinidad & Tobago
+1(868) 625-6863 / 623-1020
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; Website: vfmwo.org.