Summary: The sermon is my first sermon at a new appointment and we shared about taking a new journey with Christ.
“New Journey” Hebrews 12: 18-29
1. Today's text tells us of the journey of a people with a choice set before them. On one side is fear and death, but on the other side is to desire His Presence, To be Caught Up with God, To Encounter a
Passion with God, To Find a New Purpose, and To be Consumed by the Fire.
• Notice the text, Grasp their Fear : "You can't touch this mountain it burns, its darkness, it's gloom, it's stormy
• When God spoke they couldn’t bear what they heard they would cry out , don't speak to us God.“ If even an animal touches the mountain, it must be stoned.” The sight was so terrifying that Moses said, “I am trembling with fear.”
2. Jesus offers the followers a new Beginning a journey of Joy and fellowship
• Unlike the mountain that burns, is darkness, gloom, stormy, and one trembles with fear, And idea that God is to
high to touch He is untouchable, no you come to mount Zion a God who is and. Can be touched
• People feared the God of the universe Hebrews tells us a different story it is a story of A God who
touchable, approachable, and really acceptable. To all whosoever will Type God
• But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly, to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the
3. Let's begin our journey together by making our church a place of presence
• Mainly we desire the presence of the living God remember Gods not dead he is living on the inside roaring like a lion.
• We want this presence " heavenly Jerusalem" You’ve been there it just feels good
Story Of Kurt “Something Happened preacher” Moments
• We want this presence innumerable number of angles gathered with festive-ness " it is
a happy place" At Stomping Creek woman was so excited “Preacher do you mind if I dance”
• The writer tells us of tremendous presence :But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of
the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable angels in festal gathering,
4. Let's begin our journey by making our church a place of caught up ness
• I am caught up in the awe of your presence vs 24 say Jesus is the mediator of a new cove ate your
presence is of grace, forgiveness, I need not fear but reverence
• Laura Daggle lyrics You plead my cause, You right my wrongs, You break my chains, You overcome, You gave
Your life, To give me mine, You say that I am free, How can it be
5. We begin our journey by making our church a place of Passion
• Place of passion is a church eager to do right do good
• Place of passion is a church of zeal Romans 12:11, "Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor serving the Lord" (NIV).
6. We can begin our journey together-by making our church a place of Purpose