Summary: The sermon shares that once you have received the Holy Spirit then you will be witnessess, you will be recognizable, you will be ready to serve, ready for good works and you will be a re creation.
"Once you have Received” Acts 8:14-17
1. As Jesus walked with the disciples he had shared that his disciples would receive
A. They would receive the Holy Spirit
B. They would receive the Spirit that would help them in their infirmities
C. They would receive in the hour in which to speak, once fear or something else had silenced their words. The Spirit would give them what to say.
D. They would receive Fire or Great Power as a result of the Holy Spirit indwelling the believer. Yes, John baptized with water but Jesus would baptize with water and with fire or power.
2. Once the disciples had received they began a journey of faith with amazing miracles following. Many bibles read the title of the book of Acts as The Acts of The Apostles, but I believe perhaps the book of Acts should be titled The Acts of the Holy Spirit.
A. Once they received they speak in different languages
B. Once they received the Disciples become bolder combined with great courage.
C. Once they receive lame walk, blind see, dead are raised, some are carried away by the spirit, cast out demons, and shake off vipers.
3. I Remember back in Acts 1:8 you will be witnesses once you have received.
• 8But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
4. Once you have received you become Recognizable Peter and John were recognizable
• Acts 4:13When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus
5. Once you have received you become Ready.
A. Once you have received you become like Titus, ready to serve.
• 1 2 Corinthians 8:9What is more, he was chosen by the churches to accompany us as we carry the offering, which we administer in order to honor the Lord himself and to show our eagerness to help.
B. Once you have received you are Ready For good works
2 Timothy 2:21If a man cleanses himself from the latter, he will be an instrument for noble purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work
C. Once you have received you are Ready to Witness
about the Hope that is dwelling your soul
• 1 Peter 3:15But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have
6. Once you have received you become a Re-Creation
• New creature in Christ
• The Re Creation Conducts oneself according to the Gospel
• The Re Creation has great faith in Jesus Christ.
• The Re Creation has hidden Gods word in their heart that they might not sin
• The Re Creation believes there is nothing too hard for God.
• The Re Creations Heart is burning for the Word The word is like a fire shut up in his bones he is weary of trying to hold it in yet he cannot
Today I pray you have received the salvation of Christ and if you have not please say today Lord Jesus I am sorry forgive me of my sins and then you to can receive the Holy Spirit , that will change your life for the better.