Summary: Paul has somethings he beleives are vital for all to know: We have peace with God, we stand in amazing grace, suffering has a purpose, he proved his love, and we need to hear.
“Paul’s, Shout Outs” Romans 5:1-11
1. Paul seems to have something vital to share so he may use school teacher means blink the light switch, raised hand. Or like they used to do ring the bell in the community at Rome
• Paul wants to tell the community in Rome what they have gained in Jesus Christ vs 1 weA have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ
• Paul shouts from the roof tops we have gained Peace with God we at once were enmity with God but now we are reconciled through Jesus Christ
2. Paul has several Shout Outs to give Hey Rome, “Listen to This You Stand in Amazing Grace” Jesus is 2through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. Jesus ushers us into the presence of God.
• Remember the heavy curtain (of the temple) that separated man from God and God from man has been removed (see note on Mt 27:51). According to one commentator
• Standing in grace means that: I don’t have to prove I am worthy of God’s love
• God is my friend
• The door of access is permanently open to Him
• I am free from the “score sheet” – the account is settled in Jesus. Squire Parsons “The Old Account settled Long ago”
• I spend more time praising God and less time hating myself
3. Paul has yet another Shout Out he says “I have something to say man” Suffering has purpose
• We as those redeemed by his blood we understand sufferings are not meaningless they have some purpose. They couldn’t figure why they would have to suffer because of Christ
• suffering produces perseverance;4perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
• A runner must be stressed to gain endurance. Sailors must go to sea. Soldiers go to battle. For the Christian, tribulation is just part of our Christian life. To have that muscular body get up and get up , but it’s not easy
• Remember The Old rugged Cross the emblem of suffering and shame had a purpose
4. Yet another Shout Out “Rome Have you not Heard He Loves You” This is how he proved his love
• Now it happened at Just the right time 6 when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.
• Don’t you know that 7Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die.
• Now hear this 8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
5. Paul is likened to the town Crier who would say The word "Oyez" which means "hear ye," which is a call for silence and attention. Paul says Oyez Oyez O-yas
• 9Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him!
• 10For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!