Summary: Ephesians share that we area piece of work not in negative meaning but in a psoitive sence.
Ephesians 2:1-10 “A Piece of Work”
But God says, "You are my work of art. You are my poem. You are my masterwork."
God can look at you and can see what you will become before you have actually become it.
We look at ourselves and say, "I don't get it. This doesn't look like a perfect person. This doesn't look like a work of beauty."
But you are a work in progress. It is a process that doesn't happen overnight. It is going to take all of your life on Earth. It won't be completely finished until you get to heaven.
Then you will see that you indeed are a perfect work of art -- God's masterpiece.
1. I am a Piece of work that really needed some help I was
• dead in your transgressions and sins,
• I followed the ways of this world
• There was a spirit in me that followed the way of disobedience
2. I am now really a great piece of Work because
• 4because of his great love
• 4 I m a piece of work because of God who is Rich in mercy
• God entered into my broken condition and repurposed me for his work by defeating death and sin in my life.
• 5made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions--it is by grace you have been saved
3. I am a piece of work because God has caused me to Rise Above
• Note the text, “6And God raised us up with Christ and seated us”
• “I am setting on a goal mine”
4. I am a true piece of work
• I am graced with salvation form Sin
• I am graced with salvation as a result of the depths of His Love
• I am graced with salvation of LIFE (Live like we are alive)
• I am graced with Salvation that has purpose ( My Purpose is to glorify testify,
• I am graced with salvation by grace through faith alone8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-- 9not by works, so that no one can boast.
• I am graced with salvation to do good General rules do no harm, do good, and stay in love with God 10For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works,
• I am a Piece of Work with God who is my creator “What can’t I do”?