Summary: Pray for a revival in our land and world.
Pray for Revival: 2 Chronicles 7:14
“If My people…will humble themselves…”
1. We need to pray that we as Christians would bow down before our Lord each day, so that we may receive His grace daily to live as we should. James wrote, “Submit therefore to God, resist the Devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Be miserable and mourn and weep; let your laughter turn into mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves in the presence of the Lord and He will exalt you.
- I would suggest that we need to “submit…draw near…humble yourselves” daily. Let’s not come running to God only when we are in need. Submit daily! Draw near daily! Humble yourselves daily!
2. Pray that all those who do have a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ will walk in the spirit of humility, as Jesus walked, and live in recognition that pride leads to destruction and humility precedes honor. Pray that the Spirit of God would soften hearts and bring people to the realization of their need for a Savior.
- “Before destruction the heart of man is haughty, humility goes before honor.” Proverbs 18:12
3. Pray that Christian husbands and wives will be humble in their spirit, in order that their prayers might be answered. Let’s not hinder our prayers to our God by living un-presentable to our Lord. Honor your husband or wife.
- “You husbands in the same way, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with someone weaker, since she is a woman; and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered.” 1 Peter 3:7
4. Pray that younger Christians would clothe themselves with humility, respecting their elders, lifting all of their concerns to God, and trusting God to exalt them at the proper time. To many times, our youth is taught by our culture that everything comes quickly. We have Internet, fast food, and 30 min. TV. Shows. We need to pray that our youth would trust God for the right timing of all things.
- “You younger men, likewise, be subject to your elders; and all of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, for GOD is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble. Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time…” 1 Peter 5:5-6
5. Pray that times of crisis would be tangible reminders of what we deserve apart from the mercy of God. (Titus 3:1-9)
- “For the wages of sin are death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23
- We all deserve death, but are extended grace. Let these daily crisis’s be a reminder to what we all deserve and are saved from through grace by faith in Jesus Christ alone.
6. Pray that God’s people would assume responsibility for the moral and spiritual erosion of our nation and world.
- Just as Ezra confessed, let us do the same. “O my God, I am ashamed and embarrassed to lift my face to You, my God, our iniquities have risen above our heads and our guilt has even grown to the heavens.” Ezra 9:6
1. Pray that God’s people unite in praying for all who are in authority. God had put those in authority where they are for His greater glory. Pray that they would acknowledge His word.
- “First of all, then, I urge that entreaties an prayers, petitions and thanksgiving, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. This is good and acceptable in the sight of our Savior…” 1 Timothy 2:1-4
2. Pray that our first response as Christians would be to pray when we become anxious about any circumstance. Many times, we get worried about a situation and run around with are head cut off trying to find a solution. Finally we find ourselves crying out to God to find peace in the situation. God was waiting for you to come to Him the whole time! Come to your Father first.
- “Cast all your cares upon Him because He cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:7
- “Call to Me and I will answer you great and mighty things that you do not know.” Jeremiah 33:3
3. Pray that God would bring up an army of prayer warriors who are willing to preserve in prayer and wage war against the enemy.
- Read the parable on prayer. Luke 18:1-8