Summary: God created us in His image we should be like that image.
Colossians 3:1-11 “Image Is Everything”
• We have been in the book of Colossians for 3 consecutive weeks First message was “One Giant Leap” The folks in Colossae took a giant leap by having Faith in Jesus, Having leap of love for all, having a leap of endurance, and their leap no matter what happened “Go All In”
• Second message “Build a Life” we build a life by “keeping the Main Thing the main Thing”, build a life by making a strong foundation, build a life by being balanced ,level, straight.
• Today were talking about Image. Teen’s image is everything. Paul shares as for the redeemed Image is everything.
1. Paul says, “If you have been raised with Christ” Certain attire, Image, doesn’t fit anymore.
• You have died a certain Image or attire such as fornication, impurity, passion, evil desire, and greed (which is idolatry) anger, wrath, malice, slander, and abusive* language from your mouth. 9 you Do not lie to one another, seeing that you have stripped off the old self with its practices. These thing don’t fit anymore
2. Every day you awake you should dress your mind. The images in our mind need to be above
• Paul says, clothe your mind with “Things Above” seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2Set your minds on things that are above
• Your mind is adorned with the heavenly language not the earthy or earthly lango
• Heavens Language is Kindness, encouragement, boosting, gentleness
3. Paul says we should clothe ourselves with a certain image, vs 10 the image of our Creator
When we wear the image of the Creator I wonder who may be convinced, and converted.
• Image is everything live in The Image of God. One of God’s images is Compassion. Take off the attire of insensitivity and put on Compassion. Compassion is sympathy for the situations of others. We look for ways to care for people where they are. Jesus cared for people where they were got in adultery, lepers, and sinners.
• Image is everything one image of a redeemed is Humility Humility helps us to see others as more important than ourselves. This is an important theme for the apostle Paul: Note the following verses- With all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love (Ephesians 4:2);Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility regard others as better than yourselves (Philippians 2:3)[Do] not to think of yourself more highly than you ought to think. (Romans 12:3).
• Saint Augustine said, "It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes humans as angels."
Image is everything another image of The children of God is Meekness Meekness or gentleness it involves courtesy and consideration for others, waiving our rights to personal gain in order to lift up the other.
• Another image of a Christian is Patience. Patience is the ability to not become frustrated and angry when others intrude on us, but, instead, offer forgiveness for their shortcomings. Paul says, 13Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
4. Image is everything cloth yourself in Gods image
• Cloth your mind with the Godliness, compassion, humility, meekness, patience.