Summary: God reveals Gods son to all humanity in unlikely manor. God reveals the birth of His son to Mary, Joseph, Shepherds, Wise Men, the animals that were in the manger.
Luke 2:1-20 “The God Reveal” What God Reveals Many couples choose an elaborate unusual way to reveal whether the baby is boy or girl it’s a spectacular event. One couple Dustin and Emily chose Dustin to hit a golf ball with club in hand and smack the golf ball blew-up into a cloud of Blue "Its a boy" was the cry. Whose invited to the Reveal family friends todays text God reveals to shepherds, livestock, Wise men, kings.
1. What God reveals to all humanity
• Gods reveal of His Son , it isn’t at a party, nor is it a media event
• The reveal of Jesus comes in a quiet place lying in a manger (Feeding Trough for the animals cattle horses donkey)
• A nowhere place, a nowhere place anyone wants to be He is wrapped in swaddling clothes
2. Gods Reveal of His Son comes to us by the ones who society believes don’t matter
• A nobody young girl named Mary who is a virgin engaged to be married she will become the God Bearer the Theodokos . Angel told Mary 31You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus.
• God revealed His Son to shepherds, societal outcasts, sleeping in fields. 8And there were shepherds keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9An angel of the Lord appeared to them,. 10 the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. 11Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is ChristA the Lord.
3. God offers humanity the purpose of the Reveal of His Son
• And the announcement isn’t just, “It’s a boy!” It’s an announcement about his purpose.
• The angel tells Mary that he will be the holy “Son of God” (Luke 1:36). To dwell with us
• The angel tells the shepherds that he will be their “Savior,” who is “the Messiah, the Lord:” the world’s true king and Lord (2:12). He came to save us
• In Rome, the army would sing their allegiance to Caesar, but in a field outside Bethlehem the angel armies of God declare his praise: “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace among those whom he favors” (v. 14). He came to Abide with us
4. The Announcement or the Reveal
• God has broken into a broken world, Emanuel is with us in our mess, our
• And this baby, is fully human and fully divine, born of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary,
• Paul’s letter to Titus announces The “grace of God” has appeared in Jesus, and that grace has spread like wildfire, offering salvation to all people (Titus 2:11).
• In Jesus, God has fully identified with humanity broken by sin and offered us new life, new birth, made possible in his or Jesus’s victory over sin in his death and resurrection”
• The Reveal of the Christ offers us these Gifts Hope Peace Love and Joy
• As John puts it, when we receive Christ and believe in his name, we are given “power to become children of God, who were born not of blood or of the will of the flesh or of the will of man, but of God” (John 1:13).
• Here is what is revealed in Jesus It’s the good news that it doesn’t matter where you came from, where you were born, what the circumstances were; it doesn’t matter what your past looks like, what sins you’ve committed, what hurts and brokenness you have in your life.
• The good news is that Christ has come to offer us a new birth, a new beginning. His grace makes it possible for us to be forgiven, our life to be transformed;
• All we must do is receive him and let his grace and love catch fire in our life.
• The Great Reveal Born this day in the city of David Our Savior Christ the Lord
• Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace among those whom he favours!’*