Summary: God delivers people, out of the debts, and how does God deliver by using people, singing, prayer, etc...
Psalm 91 1-2, 9-16 “GOD DELIVERS”
1. The text tells us that God Delivers who else delivers? Fed EX delivers, Up Delivers, The US Postal service delivers
• Today’s Psalm assumed to be written by a Temple priest??
• The Temple priest claims God Delivers vs 2 "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
• God delivers from Fowlers snare, and deadly pestilence, plagues, epidemics
• He delivers from the terror of the night he delivers from the arrows that fly by day
• He delivers from the stony trails where you may stumble and hurt your foot
• God delivers from lions, cobras, and the serpents or mortal threats I will deliver,” says the Lord (v. 14).
2. We may ask well, who does God Deliver? God delivers People
• God delivered the Day by turning water into wine
• God delivered an axe ), causes the ax to float
• God is in the delivery business. What God delivers — or, better, who God delivers — is not merchandise. It’s people:
• One might say God Delivers Lots of People Israelites in bondage,
• God delivered Elisha Elighji Jeremiah ,
• Daniel from the lion’s den, 3 Hebrew Children in the fiery furnace
3. Where Does God Deliver From “out of the depts”
• Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord,” writes the author of Psalm 130. It’s a mournful cry for deliverance: “My soul waits for the Lord more than those who watch for the morning, more than those who watch for the morning.”
• David who practically shamed the position as King of God’s chosen people Israel by committing murder, Adultery, lied, and attempted cover his sins, yes “ Out of the depths David Cried “ I have done what is evil in your sight oh, God “, oh God have mercy wash away my iniquity, cleanse me from my sins, create in me a clean and pure heart, restore the joy of my salvation. If you will I will teach transgressors your ways
• “Out of the depths” It is those “darkest hour” hurts and pains of everyday life
• “ Out of the depths” is those whose work has come to nothing, or could be the Folks who make their bed in Hellish places (homelessness, extreme addictions, lonely places, folks who feel abandoned)
• “Out of the depths “ is people like lame man at Bethesda Pool, or Lazarus in the grave, or those who pray, Have mercy.”
4. How Does God Deliver? Prayer other people singing Divine intervention miracles
• The ways of our God are so so mysterious
• Sometimes God delivers by using people like you and me
• Sometimes God uses music at the Nursing Home a resident Reeny sang loves singing
• Sometimes God uses Communion image of Duke kneeled on prayer bench at alter taking the communion.
• Sometimes God uses the miraculous blind see, death hear, lame walk, and the very dead are raised.
• Sometimes Through Death
• Remember God Delivers People, Out of the Debts, God deceivers in mysterious ways