Summary: Sermon share what happen when he is present.
“I Saw Him” Isaiah 60: 1-6
Epiphany refers to appearance of Theophany refers to appearance of God Christophany appearance of Christ.
1. Israel is waiting and anticipating the one to come because Scriptures say the Deliver will come
• Our text says “Arise and Shine Israel, the light has come (Prophecy coming)
• A think darkness has been up on you but near is the appearance of a great Light
• His Glory will appear : The Results of His Appearance “Nations shall come to you”
• “Israel will see Him and be Radiant”, “Wealth will come” (not money but Deliverance from sin) 6 A multitude of camels shall cover you the young camels of Midian and Ephah; Sheba shall come. They shall bring gold and frankincense,
2. Israel can’t wait for His appearance kind reminds us of a hymn “Oh I want to see Him”
• As I journey through the land, singing as I go,
Pointing souls to Calvary—to the crimson flow,
Many arrows pierce my soul from without, within;
But my Lord leads me on, through Him I must win.
Oh, I want to see Him, look upon His face,
There to sing forever of His saving grace;
On the streets of glory let me lift my voice,
Cares all past, home at last, ever to rejoice.
3. How can I receive the gift of this Epiphany (Appearance of )?
• I think If I move towards Christ I will have encounters appearances Mack Stokes
I can’t see the mountains in Mississippi. “Mountain can’t come to me but I can go to the mountains"
• When I desire to see him I will see him When I become passionate towards him Catholic lady at nursing home who kneeled down in Chapel to pray, I felt God. WOW !
• I think we will have epiphany when we need Christ Perhaps during distressful times, when faith is at doubt, when death comes and we can’t stop death.
4. When He appears Some awesome things happen
• When he appears the light of Christ drives away the darkness of sin
• When he appears the light of our Christ removes doubts
• When he appears the light of Christ drives away the hopelessness of death
• When he appears we see things differently
• We see forgiveness; no blame nor condemnation
• Gives us the gift of Christian connection; no opponents nor disconnection.
• Gives us the promise of eternal life;
• Changes our attitude to the world around us
5. This year we want to have those epiphany moments, When he appears we Arise and Shine
• When Glory appears we rise and shine
• Moses did at the burning bush, when He went on the mountain received the commandments
• The disciples at transfiguration Peter James John begin a transformation of elite discipleship
• When I had my Epiphany’s “I knew a thrill that caused rejoicing” here Isaiah “You shall see and be radiant,” promises Isaiah; “your heart shall thrill and rejoice” (v. 5).
• Communion He told them probably at some point many arrows will pierce your soul from with out with in but my lord leads me on through him I must win .