Summary: God's plan is not a program. God's plan is man, and you are that man" - Pastor. Colton Wickramaratne
* Some of the ideas presented have been adopted from other authors to help expand and explain the subject.
Brian Money and Brian Love
There is always a conflict between the two. One is Business orientated. One is Christian minded. And the strangest of all is that they are one and the same person.
We all have them in us. We need to choose on who will shine above all.
• Brian Money wants the Job done. Brian Love teaches you on how to get it done.
• Brian Money wants Perfection. Brian Love shows you how to get there.
• Brian Money wants things done in Time. Brian Love encourages you to achieve it on time
The Greek word for Skill is "Sophia", which also means Wisdom.
Proverbs 8 gives us much insight into this Skill / Wisdom.
In O.T, the word for Skill is to know.
o To know completely and thoroughly
• You talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God - Leo F. Buscaglia
What is Skill?
• Skill is gaining the Knowledge (Arindu) and getting the understanding (Purindu) and executing it (Seyal Padu). (Proverbs 4:7)
• Skill is Important to God
• "'God gives skill, but not without men's hand." - George Eliot (A.k.a. Mary Ann Evans) - 1819 - 1880
• Skill is not a Business necessity (Avasiyam) but a Spiritual imperative (Mukkiya Thevai)
• Skill in action is a wonderful thing to behold.
• If Skill is just what we can do, then what sets us apart is the degree to which we can do it better.
Skill in Culture - Is what enables us to beat the person next to us (Competition).
• Being skilled is not a competition.
o Goliath challenged the losers to be slaves.
o Goliath showed his skills and wanted dominance through:
I've been here for long
I know the job better, have done this a million times
I am stronger
I am educated in this.
• Skill is not fighting your way to the top.
• God created skill to be a mastery that at its heart is constructive and creative.
• Skill is not a weapon of destruction, but of commitment to the welfare of others.
• BRIAN competes not as a Goliath, but as a David, with passion and commitment.
Character in Greek means "Ethos"
• Ethos is what you think of a person BEFORE he speaks or acts.
• Ethos - the Thought on Character of a person can change overtime.
• To accept what you say, you need to be accepted first.
• So, Ethos is not of your, but of what is seen by the eyes of the beholder.
o Character though shown from within, it is explained and experience by the beholder.
1. Ethos (plural: ethe) is an appeal to the authority or credibility of the presenter. It is how well the presenter convinces the audience that he or she is qualified to present (speak) on the particular subject. It can be done in many ways: What does one SEE in you.
2. Pathos (plural: pathe) is an appeal to the audience’s emotions, and the terms pathetic and empathy are derived from it. It can be in the form of metaphor, simile, a passionate delivery, or even a simple claim that a matter is unjust. Pathos can be particularly powerful if used well, but most speeches do not solely rely on pathos. Pathos is most effective when the author or speaker demonstrates agreement with an underlying value of the reader or listener. What does one FEEL in you.