Summary: The sermon explains the super-ness of the cross because it justifies, redeems, forgives, reconciles, and cleanses.
The Super Bowl is a mega event some have said it may be the greatest event in history. It reaches worldwide as a mega event. Media flourish to the event because of its importance to the world.
I differ of the opinion that the Super Bowl is the greatest event in history I think the Cross is not just the greatest, but I think the most significant event for All of humanity. The cross is a super event. It is the cross that crucified our Lord
• The Super apostle said he boasted only in the cross
• . "14Far be it from me to boast, except in the cross of Lord Jesus Christ, May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ through whichB the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world" Galatians 6:14
• How important is the Cross? Ones eternity depends on it. The great J.C Rile the great theologian wrote “A man must be right on this subject, or he is lost forever. Heaven or hell, happiness or misery, life or death, blessing or cursing in the last day-all hinges on the answer to this question, "What do you think about the cross?"
1. I think the Cross is super and worthy of all of humanities attention because it alone offers the
Whosoever will forgiveness.
• Matthew 26:28. 28This is my blood of theB covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. your debt is canceled
2. I believe the Cross is super because it is the cross that Gave us Peace
• Colossians 1:19For God was pleased to have all his fullness ( TOTALITY OF GOD ) dwell in him, 20and through him to reconcile to himself all things(This does not mean all our saved only believers are saved), whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
3. The Cross is super because of the power of the Blood of the lamb.
• (. 7In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace 8that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding. (Ephesians 1:7 )
• . 13For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness, 14in whom we have redemption,E the forgiveness of sins (Colossians 1:13 - 1:14
4. The Cross is super as a result of its ability to reconcile.
• . 13But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ. (Eph 2:13)
• . 2 Corinthians 5:17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 18All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ
5. The Cross is Super because it can cleanse any stain that sin has dirtied in us. These are white as a
Result of the cleansing Power of the Cross
• 14I answered, "Sir, you know." And he said, "These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb (Revelation 7:14 KJV)
• Isaiah says, "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.
1. The Cross is super because of its Spiritual life that it offers .John 10:10The thief comes only to steal
and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. have life abundantly.
2. The Cross is Super because in the Cross is Salvation that takes away
• Collosians 2:14 He forgave us all our sins, 14having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross
3. The Cross is a Super it has POWER to Justify, Power to Redeem, Power to Forgive,
Power to Reconcile and Power to Cleanse.