Summary: The sermon allows one to grasp the amazing miracles Jesus does as a result of ones faith. That is amazing.
The Amazing Jesus Mark 5:21-43
1. The Amazing Jesus is what they called him in the gospel of Mark
A. After Jesus taught at Capernaum they said
B. "The people were amazed at his teaching, because he taught them as one who had authority, not as the teachers of the law" (1:22).
C. "The people were all so amazed that they asked each other, "What is this?" (1:27).
D. Jesus healed a lame man. "This amazed everyone and they praised God, saying, "We have never seen anything like this!" (2:12). The man brought by four
E. Later, a man goes about telling everyone how Jesus had freed him of a demon. He tells his neighbors "how much Jesus had done for him. And all the people were amazed" (5:20).
F. "When the Sabbath came, he began to teach in the synagogue, and many who heard him were amazed" (6:2).
G. When he calmed the winds, "they were completely amazed" (6:51).
H. "People were overwhelmed with amazement. "He has done everything well," they said. "He even makes the deaf hear and the mute speak" (7:37).
2. The Amazing Jesus Rescues the People or does He save them?
The Amazing Jesus' main intent is to save not just heal
A. The KJV says as does other translations
• The . 22Then one of the synagogue rulers, named Jairus, came there. Seeing Jesus, he fell at his feet 23and pleaded earnestly with him, "My little daughter is dying. Please come and put your hands on her so that she will be healed and live."
• But the Greek text says "so that she might be saved and live."
B. Once again The English version says
• 24So Jesus went with him. A large crowd followed and pressed around him. 25And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years.26She had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had, yet instead of getting better she grew worse. 27When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak, 28because she thought, "If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed."
• But the Greek translation says "If I but touch his clothes I will be saved."
3. The Amazing Jesus desires to bothered by his people
• Why bother the teacher any more?" 36Ignoring what they said, Jesus told the synagogue ruler, "Don't be afraid; just believe
4. The Amazing Jesus Cause Death to be A Temporary State Once again this translation is not what the Greek translation says it she is dead not asleep.
• The child is not dead but asleep." 40But they laughed at him. After he put them all out, he took the child's father and mother and the disciples who were with him, and went in where the child was. 41He took her by the hand and said to her, "Talitha koum!" (which means, "Little girl, I say to you, get up!"). 42Immediately the girl stood up and walked around (she was twelve years old). At this they were completely astonished.
5. The Amazing Jesus heals as a result of ones faith consider the woman with the issue of blood.
• . 34He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering."