Summary: Paul share the blessing we have in Christ but I thought about all those blessings, but the best is yet to come.
1. The best is yet to come Paul shares
• We were dead spiritually “we were dead in our transgressions and sins”, vs 1
• We were against God
• We were living the way the world lived “we followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air”vs 2
• We tried to please ourselves “3we gratified the cravings of our sinful natureA and followed its desires and thoughts.”
2. But because of Gods mercy
• Because of his mercy he loved us 4But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy”
• Because of his mercy he gave us a new life a life compelled by the spirit “5made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions--it is by grace you have been saved.
• Because of his mercy we receive the greatest gift given “ 8For it is by grace you have been
saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God”--
• Because of his mercy we are new people “10For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works,”
3. We have been graced blessed with so much right now but the best is yet to come
• The great Apostle Paul writes “eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.” (1 Cor 2:9)
• In other words, we can’t imagine how wonderful, exciting and beyond our wildest dreams it will be! It will be anything but boring.
• The revelator wrote told us the best is yet to come we will live in a mansion John 14:2-3: “In my Father’s house are many mansions: if [it were] not [so], I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, [there] ye may be also.”
• The best is yet to come we will be like Jesus and we will see him1 John 3:2: “Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear [Jesus], we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.”
• 1 Cor 15:42-44: “So also [is] the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.”
• 1 Cor 15:49: “And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.”
• The best is yet to come as Jesus told a thief on the cross you will be in a place “Today thou salt be with Me in paradise.
• The best is yet to come consider who will wipe our tears away he will dwell with us he will be our God Rev 21: 3-4: “He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be with them and be their God. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying; and there shall be nor more pain, for the former things have passed away”