Summary: How beautiful the gospel bringers announcement to the world.
The Big Announcement Isaiah 52:7-10
1. Consider the Feet of the Gospel Bringer How Beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news.
• There Beauty is not found in literal feet, but in the message and what they have to say
• The Text is A reference to messengers who ran from the scene of a battle to bring news of the outcome to a waiting king and people can you imagine the elation to hear we have the victory!!!!!
• Example of Announcement 2 Samuel 18: 26Then the watchman saw another man running, and he called down to the gatekeeper, "Look, another man running alone!" The king said, "He must be bringing good news, too."
2. The Gospel Bringers Beauty is found not in their feet, but in the Good News They Deliver The announcement of "good news" was like a healing balm for people who had endured nothing but bad news for so long;
• They heard the following “Your God reigns” "Your God reigns!" vs 7
• Your God reigns Isaiah says “The Lord shall go forth like a mighty man; He shall stir up His zeal like a man of war. He shall cry out, yes, shout aloud; He shall prevail against His enemies.” (Isaiah 42:13)
• God reigns over Nations over enemies according to the bible. If God reign over these then He reigns over illness, reigns over my frustrations, reigns over my anger, God reigns in our churches, God reign over our finances.
3. The Gospel Bringers Beauty is found in the Announcement of Peace,
• The announcement of "peace" was vital for a people who had been torn apart by war and captivity
• The Text says, 8Listen! Jerusalem, Whatcoat, May chapel, Alvon Your watchmen lift up their voices; together they shout for joy.
• We shout for Joy because You and I have no more battles to fight God fights I have peace Exodus claims, “Your right hand, O Lord, has dashed the enemy in pieces. And in the greatness of Your excellence you have overthrown those who rose against You;
4. The Gospel Bringers Beauty is found in the good Tidings Announced the bearers of glad news or good
• John had some Good Tidings to announce John 1:6There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John. . 7He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe. 8He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. 9The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.B
• The writer John writes 14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us
5. The Gospel Bringers beauty is found in the Salvation they Announce
• And "salvation" meant that God would once again reign over the people of God, which was the ultimate hope of a people who had been ruled by so many tyrants like the ones who took them away from home
• Hear the Angel Choir Announce “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men” "I am bringing you good news of great joy for all the people"" born this day in the city of David a Savior is Born "“And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”
• God announces through the Prophet For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace
• God announces through Galatians we are adopted into the family of God “God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.
• God Announces the greatest gift given is the Gift of salvation
,Romans 10: 13for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."F
9That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. 11As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame