Summary: There are many internal benefits and blessings of problems. Let’s examine some of those benefits.
The Blessings and Benefits of Problems (Introduction)
1. We have learned that problems are a part of life. Because of the curse of sin on this earth, problems are woven into the fabric of everyday life.
2. We see this exemplified throughout the Bible. The men and women of greatest faith encountered deep trials. We also see this truth demonstrated in our own personal lives.
3. When we face problems, it doesn’t mean that we are lacking faith. It doesn’t mean that we are “out of the will of God,” nor does it mean that God is angry with us.
4. Problems are simply a reality of life for the child of God. They are something that we all must face and deal with.
5. We studied an entire lesson on the source of problems. Problems come from a variety of sources. We discovered that they can come through:
• Satanic assault
• A violation of God’s principles (bad choices)
• Simply living in a fallen creation
• Persecution due to our godly lives
6. But did you know that there is a blessing and benefit in problems? God’s ultimate desire for each of us is to be conformed into the image of Jesus Christ (Romans 8:28-29). God desires that we reflect Christ’s glory in all that we do and everywhere we go.
7. But how do we get to that point where Christ is completely magnified in our bodies? How do we manifest His glory instead our own self-glory and self-will? Problems can play a key role in this glorification process.
8. Consider Jesus Christ. What came before His glorification? (Hebrews 2:9-10;
10. We get very comfortable here on planet earth. But we must remember and understand that our ultimate destination is to reveal Christ’s glory in the heavenlies throughout the ages to come.
11. This is why God does not insulate His children from the problems of life. God is not consumed with our comfort and happiness. He is consumed with us manifesting the life and glory of His Son.
12. Problems and suffering have a way of reminding us that this earthly life is not the real thing. Our time on this earth is simply a preparation ground for something far better. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18; Colossians 3:1-4
13. There are many internal benefits and blessings of problems. Let’s examine some of those benefits.