Summary: Examining what the biblical concern of the church must be
The question to be asked: "What should we, as the church, be concerned about?"
Examples of a faulty focus:
1. Seats Occupied (numbers attending)
2. Status Quo (just maintain)
3. Self Satisfaction ("My way or the highway")
The Biblical focus is found in the Great Commandment: Focus must be placed on God and others.
This sermon will deal with the first part of that focus: loving God
1. We must be focused on loving God passionately: "with all your heart" (cf. Joshua 22:5)
2. We must be focused on loving God authentically: "with all your soul" (cf. Ps. 51:10; Matt. 5:8)
3. We must be focused on loving God thoughtfully: "with all your mind" (cf. Ps. 8:3; Phil. 4:8)
4. We must be focused on loving God practically: "with all your strength" (cf. Mark 12:30; Eph. 2:10)