Summary: Examining the church’s future from both the theological and practical aspect
The question to ask: "What is going to happen to the church in the future?"
The answer is two-sided: there is a theological answer and a practical answer
The Theological Side:
1. There will never be a time when the church does not exist (Matt. 16:18).
2. There will be times when the church falters and fails (the problems in the Corinthian church, i.e., 1 Cor. 1:10; 11:18).
The Practical Side:
A. The church is th esum totaly of those who comprise it (aka: members).
B. The practical future of the church is dependent upon a believer’s relationship with Christ!
1. REVEAL yourself to God: "offer your bodies"
2. REMOVE yourself from the world: "Do not conform"
3. REARRANGE yourself in relation to God and the world: "but be transformed"