Summary: The sermon share how the Holy Spirit is an influencer.
Luke 10 1-11. The Greatest Influencer
1. One amazing influencer is Ads commercials
• 1970 Americans were exposed to somewhere between 500 add a day
• In the 21st century, that number has soared to somewhere between 4,000 and 10,000
• Notice today who does the ads commercials? It’s done with people who have clout
2. Another influencer is people who carry clout or. A big stick lol!
• If you’re into Golf the clout the influencer is Jordan Spieth
• If tennis is the game you love the influencer is Roger Federer Serena Williams
• If you admire football the influencer is Tom Brady who carries clout
3. Jesus introduces some influencers
• These influencers are appointed by Jesus he says, was two “the lord appointed 70 Others.
• These Influencers will GO in pairs two by two
• These influencers were to go being transparent, be vulnerable, “like lambs into the midst of wolves,” (v. 3) , they were to be very much like Jesus himself: open, honest, vulnerable and approachable.
4. Influencers are adds, commercials, people who have clout, Disciples but here’s the biggest influencer of all the Holy Spirit
• Vs 9 Jesus says, “the kingdom of God has come near you” the influencer is like a kingdom there is the reign over area territory, there is its ability to rule over subjects, disease, sickness, sin, death, the kingdom or influencer is literary the authority of God.
• The influencer is, The kingdom that has come near it is the Holy Spirit that CALLS them, ‘The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few “Now look into the fields, the community and you will see there is need of harvest but workers are few
• The kingdom that calls or the influencer or HS says, you go out in humility among the wolves the distractions, the discouragements, despairs, doubters. Just go
• The influencer or Holy Spirit is all you need “4Carry no purse, no bag, no sandals; and greet no one on the road. “
• This influencer Enables gives super natural ability “9cure the sick who are there, and say to them, “The kingdom of God has come near to you.”*
• The influencer has great power 17 The seventy* returned with joy, saying, ‘Lord, in your name even the demons submit to us!’
• The influencer is Authority 19See, I have given you authority to tread on snakes and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy; and nothing will hurt you.
5. Names of the Great influencer or Holy Spirit
• One name Ruach Elohim (Spirit of God),
• In the New Testament it is identified with the Spirit of Christ, the Spirit of Truth, the Paraclete (the one walks alongside)and the Holy Spirit.
• Matthew and Luke and the Nicene Creed state that Jesus was "conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary" The Holy Spirit is referred to as "the Lord, the Giver of Life" in the Nicene creed
6. The Influencer or the Holy Spirit is “looking” always seeking,
• Holy Spirit is looking for influencers to represent him — For someone who’s real,
• He or the great influencer is looking for people who are willing to band together to take the good news of his triumph over Satan, evil, sin and death
• He’s looking for people who are willing to offer peace to the world
• He’s looking for those who are willing to eat with and make friends of strangers,
• He’s looking for those who would risk everything and follow him.
• He’s looking for normal people you don’t have to be famous, an athlete, movie star or rock star.