The Kingdom Of Heaven
Contributed by Gerald Roberts on Jul 27, 2020 (message contributor)
Summary: We see in the text a different idea of what heaven is like, It like a mustard seed, it like Yeast, Its like a treasure in the field, and its like a net.
The Kingdom of Heaven Matthew 13:31-33, 44-52
1. Jesus wants us to know what Heaven is like many many places in the Scripture we learn about Heaven
• The Scriptures say God dwells there Ecclesiastics says God “God is in heaven
• Texts tells us it’s a city, Matthew tells us it’s a garden, John says it’s a house In My Father’s house, It’s a kingdom, It’s a heavenly country, It’s a place of rest, It’s a place Glory, It’s called Paradise, it’s called everlasting, No sorrow
2. Our text today tells us Heaven is like The mustard seed.
• This mustard seed it’s almost invisible.
• Yet from this invisible seed, a shrub develops, large enough for birds to build, nest and rest.
• The mustard seed results in something that is great and amazing
• It also results in something where there is shelter for birds and rest
3. Our scripture also share that The Kingdom of Heaven is like Yeast.
• Yeast yields something much larger than itself it changes, it cause an expansion, it develops, it has movement,
• Yes that what the kingdom of Heaven does for us isn’t it? It works inwardly and shows outwardly. Baptism
• The kingdom of Heaven enters our neighborhood, moves in our culture, motivates souls
4. The Kingdom of Heaven is like The treasure in a field and an expensive pearl.
• In the first century A.D. for someone who had something quite valuable to bury the precious item in his backyard or field. It was buried to be protected from thieves.
• This treasure in the field is priceless and of great value
• The pearl, is so valuable that the person sells off everything he owns to purchase it.
5. The Kingdom of Heaven is like A fishing net.
• Fishing nets are stinky. Fishing nets are smelly.
• IN Jesus day the net was tossed overboard and then taken up or dragged catching every fish that got in the way of the net good fish, bad, ugly, fish all kinds of fish.
• Then once net drug to shore then separating the keepers and throwing back in the waters the unwanted. Some are keepers and some are not.
• 49So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come out and separate the evil from the righteous 50and throw them into the furnace of fire, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
6. Finally the Kingdom of Heaven is likened to a Mustard seed, it’s like Yeast, It’s like a Treasure, It’s a net
• Its like Some glad morning when this life is o'er I ‘ll Fly Away to a land where joy will never end
• Its Leaning, leaning, Safe and secure from all alarms; Oh, how sweet to walk in this pilgrim way, OH, how bright the path grows from day to day, What have I to dread, what have I to fear, Leaning on the everlasting arms?
• Its While I draw this fleeting breath When mine eyes shall close in death When I soar to worlds unknown
See thee on thy judgment throne Rock of Ages, cleft for me Let me hide myself in thee
• Its When the trumpet of the Lord shall sound and time shall be no more And the morning breaks eternal bright and fair
When the saved of earth shall gather over on the other shore and the roll is called up yonder I’ ll be there
• Its like When we all get to heaven What a day of rejoicing that will be When we all see Jesus
We'll sing and shout the victory Onward to the prize before us Soon his beauty we'll behold Soon the pearly gates will open We shall tread the streets of gold