Summary: Old Testament God was known as the knower God knows our activities, what we think, our talk, our plans, and we are fully known, and fully loved.
"The Knower" Psalm 139
In biblical days God is known as the knower this verse in Hebrew reads YAHWEH you know me
1. God the knower, knows all the activities in our life's
• thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising. Thou compassest my path and my lying down , and art acquainted with all my ways .
2. God the knower, knows our thoughts thou understand my thought a far off
3. God the knower, knows our speaking Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD. Vs 4
4. God the knower, knows our plans and God is always there to help.
• 7Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths,  you are there. I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea,10 even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.
5. God the knower, knows our beginning. Note you are created not evolve
• 15My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, 16your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
1. One thing we learn about The Knower is we are Fully Known
• Fully known is not a new idea but often we think God only knows are bad. But God knows us because he desires to go through trials with us. . "O LORD, you have searched me and known me," writes the author of Psalm 139 ... "you discern my thoughts from far away." : "Even before a word is on my tongue, O LORD, you know it completely."
• The government knows you but God fully knows us.
• ----God is our constant intimate companion.
• ----God is the one who knows what we're thinking before we even think it.
• -----God is. In the most terrifying of places and moments God is present to help support and guide us through.
• ----- Rick Warren said, "God not only knows where you are, he knows who you are. He knows what you’re going through, why you’re going through it and how you feel about it. He knows you better than you know yourself. He cares about you personally."
2. We are not only Fully Known but the Knower Fully loves
• ----- Take note the Psalmist doesn't find this knowing disturbing. " Oh no God knows what I did,and our thought is often, "I am doomed" on the contrary. The scriptures reads, "Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is so high that I cannot attain it."
• ------the psalmist calls the knowing "Wonderful"
• ------God knows when our journey is a journey of unfaithfulness like David who killed Uriah committed adultery and rape with Bethshebia. God doesn't block the plight but God journeys with David urging repentance because David is fully loved. That is wonderful
• ------ Jonah is so loved of God that he goes to the extremes Jonah Rebels, flees as far from God as he can, Jonah is swallowed by a whale after he jumps ship, God is with Jonah, miraculously preserving his life. Even darkness is not dark to God. A merciful wonderful, God who fully loves the wayward Jonah causes the fish to spew the reluctant prophet up onto a beach. His darkest night also became his brightest day.