Summary: Paul writes to the church of the Ephesians concerning the results of their faith: 1. They have the possibility to know Christ better. 2. They have an inward awareness of Hope. 3. They have an encounter with resurrection power.
The Results of Your Faith Ephesians 1:15-23
1. The Apostle tells the Ephesians as a result of their Faith they have the Possibility to know Christ Better.
• 15Paul says,"becasue of your faith in the Lord Jesus, I keep praying that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ may give you the SpiritF of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.
• A. Knowing Jesus Better means Knowing Christ is the one who has brought us Blessings Ephesians 1:3
Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ
• B. Knowing Jesus better means’s Knowing Christ has Chosen Us.
4For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless
• C. Knowing Jesus Better means knowing He adopted Us
5heC predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ
• D. Knowing Jesus better means knowing Christ, brought upon us and in us Redemption.
7In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins
2. Paul says, to the Ephesians as a result of your Faith, you have accumulated an Inward Awareness of Hope
• 18I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you
• A. Inwardly I have accumulated a Hope of a Heritage Romans 8:
23Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the first fruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.
• B. Inwardly I am aware of my Hope, which continues to be Renewed.
2 Cor 24:16Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.
• C. Inwardly I am aware of my Hope of the Richness one has been allotted.
The richness of my Heritage, vs 18 the riches of his glorious inheritance in
3. Paul tells the Ephesians as a result of their Faith they can encounter Resurrection Power
• , 19Paul says, "Listen to the Greatness of the Power." That power is like the working of his mighty strength, 20which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms
In the Name of Jesus is Resurrection Power
• A. Resurrection Power is Power to overcome our trials and Adversities
1 Corinthians 10:13! 13No temptation that has come upon you in which he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
• B. Resurrection Power is Power to give back Life to that which was dead
2 Corinthians 4:14 , 14because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us(I can be raised to come alive again) "
• C. Resurrection Power is Power to live Victorious.
Psalmist 44: 6I do not trust in my bow, my sword does not bring me victory; 7but you give us victory over our enemies, you put our adversaries to shame.
4. In conclusion:
• Results of Faith to the Ephesians and us is to Know Jesus Better Results of Faith is to have an Inward Awareness of Hope Results of ones faith is to have Resurrection Power