Summary: What types of trees prosper according to Psalm 1?
“The Righteous Trees” Psalm 1
1. The types of trees in our area are white oak, redwood, populate, hickory, beech, birch, maple.
• What kind of tree is the psalmist talking about?
Here’s what the psalmist says: “They are like trees planted by streams of water, which yield their fruit in its season, and their leaves do not wither. In all that they do, they prosper” (v. 3).
• Who are They? They who? What is this species? What are these beautiful, fruitful trees with leaves that don’t wither?
2. The, “they” are the Righteous
• In Psalm 92, “The righteous flourish likes the palm tree” (v. 12).
• In Hosea 14:5, the righteous are compared to the cedars of Lebanon. And Olive Trees .
• And in Isaiah 61:3, “They shall be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, to display his glory.”
3. Don’t we want to be this type of Tree “we are planted in stream of living waters, we Yield Good Fruit, and in all we do we Prosper” That should make us Happy!
• If we are The righteous Tree or the Believer Tree then we are a Happy Tree
• Yes we “Yield” Happiness Christian who goes through life or periods of life unhappy is a Christian whose life, for the time being at least, is out of sync, dysfunctional or in upheaval.
• The psalmist’s point is that this healthy tree planted by “streams of water” is happy.
4. The righteous are happy because they have made good choices
• They have chosen the paths of righteousness “They have decided to follow Jesus”
“They have chosen the road less traveled”.
• One theologian said, “The Righteous does not “take the path that sinners tread” (v. 1). These people are strong enough to stand against the current, go against the crowd and clear their own trail. “Though None go with me, still I will Follow”
5. The Righteous Trees Digs into the Word of God
• A strong Believer is one who gets into the Word seriously. It is a conscious aspect of his or her daily life ” (v. 2).. And on his law they meditate day and
• The Righteous Tree take the advice God gave Joshua “. 8Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful .
6. The Righteous tree is a Fruitful Tree . These people “yield their fruit in its season, and their leaves do not wither. In all that they do, they prosper” (v. 3).
• It’s an apple tree that delivers apples in season; a cherry tree that produces cherries in season; a fig tree that delivers figs in season. The Righteous Tree produces righteousness to others, Such a tree withstands the buffeting of the winds and, flourishing, it blesses man, animals and birds with its unfailing fruit and shade.
7. The Righteous Tree is a stay Green type They are not like the wicked They are like chaff that the wind blows away
• Psalm 92:14 tells us that “they are always green.”Jeremiah 17:8. “And its leaves shall stay green.” The godly believer living a righteous life is a person who looks good, acts good and is good. The believer even smells good! (Hosea 14:6).
10. Finally, the Righteous Trees are Happy Trees, They are Tress that make Good Choices, The Righteous Trees Dig into the Word, They are Fruitful Trees, and they are stay Green type Trees. Are You a Righteous Tree Planted in the living waters?