Summary: The God at Marrs Hill is unknown to the community an there are some thing we dont know about God.
“The UN-Known God” Acts 17:22-31
1. Today Paul is in Athens those intellectuals would gather at the city forum called Areopagus
2. They Gathered ,they worshipped,
3. Paul desired that the folks of Athenian to know more about this unknown God He told them , “they needed to know this unknown God.”
4. Paul begins by sharing, “I even found an altar with this inscription: TO AN UNKNOWN GOD”. It is this unknown God that I am going to proclaim to you. It is this unknown God that made the world and everything in it. This God unlike many of the gods you worship does not live in temples. The unknown God does not need to be seved by human hands, rather He gives gift to us or you He give life and breath. This unknown God made all the nations, appointed times in history, and made boundaries in the lands an seas, This unknown God is not far from any of us, It is in this unknown God we live and move and have our being,
5. How well do we know the this unknown God?
There are many un-known about our Lord. I am reminded of a few
1st unknown is Time and God:
• God created time when he separated night and day, but to God time is meaningless. Psalm 90:4 says, "For a thousand years in your sight are but as yesterday when it is past, or as a watch in the night." Second Peter 3:8 says, "…with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." Isaiah 57:15 says that God "inhabits eternity." There is Chronos (our time) Kairos (God Time)
2nd Unknown is God and Beginning:
• God is Alpha the Beginning and Omega the end. There has never been a beginning of God nor there ever an end of God. God is without father or mother, without genealogy, without beginning of days or end of life
• God is often described as being "omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, and everlasting," meaning all-knowing, all-powerful, everywhere, and eternal. "omni-."word describes God as having no beginning and no end? God is constant, ageless, constant, continual, deathless, endless, enduring, eternal, eternity, forever, immortal, imperishable,
3rd Unknown about God is God and Love. Love of God is agape
• Agape love that is unconditional The definition of God is “God is love” "Agape love, says Anders Nygren, “is unmotivated in the sense that it is not contingent on any value or worth in the object of love. It is spontaneous and heedless, for it does not determine beforehand whether love will be effective or appropriate in any particular case."
• For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
• By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another. (John 13:35, ESV)
• Let all that you do be done in love. (1 Corinthians 16:14, ESV)
• By this we know love that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers.
• Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.
The Fourth and final Unknown of God: Salvation by Blood.
• By the blood we are covered, By the blood we are accepted as forgiven
• By Blood we are cleansed, By Blood we have redemption,
• By blood we are purged we have cleansed, cleaned up, removal of sinful stuff
• By Blood we are made right By blood we are made one in God
• By blood we are reconciled, we have fellowship , by blood we have overcome remember the Passover if the blood applied death passes over we who have the blood we Passover
The word "blood" occurs 447 times in 357 verses in the Bible. The "Blood" (when it refers either directly or symbolically to the blood of Christ) is the very heart and core of the Bible, the true foundation of the Christian faith. Any departure from the Biblical message on the "Blood of Christ" is heresy or apostasy. It is plain that the message of the "Blood of Christ" is of basic importance in the Bible. If you would take the blood out of a human body, you would have nothing left but a lump of clay. If you take the blood out of the Bible, you have Bible that has no life-giving properties. It is a dead book rather than the "living book" that it claims to be. See Hebrews 4:12.
In conclusion: There are many many more un-knowns about God we barely touched the surface, remember these few God and time, Gods beginning, God type Love, salvation by a sacrificial blood. Remember also God has a great yearn that each of us makes Heaven our final destination. God said, “It’s not my will that any would parish but that all would come to repentance”. Come to the Christ.