Summary: God creates order out of chaos.
Genesis 1:1-5 “The Word Creates Order”
1. We learn God is Alpha and omega God is beginning and the end
• John 1:1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
• God has always been Psalmist In the beginning you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands.
• Isaiah claims did you not know? Have you not heard? That God set enthroned above the Earth he stretched out the heavens like a canopy Isaiah 40 28 God is everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary,
2. We learn that God (Elohim) is Creator
• The book of Genesis begins with God creating the universe when “the earth was a formless void and darkness covered the face of the deep” (Genesis 1:2).
• God s Word creates The word created the Heavens and the Earth vs 1 Then Word Creates Light “Let there
• God used words to create Earth and seas, vegetation, birds, cattle, and finally humankind. At the end of this creative work, “God saw everything that he had made, and indeed, it was very good” (v. 31).
3. God’s word created a World a Good World
• In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth with words alone, and our speech continues to create the world that we live in. Words can create Fear, Fright, Faith, Trust and Confidence
• Words have created some negative stuff in our world such as slavery: “Slaves, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling,” said the apostle Paul (Ephesians 6:5). These words were used to support the institution of slavery.
• Our words can create negativity If we gossip about others, Others will feel hurt. If we speak negatively everything seems to become negative , If people speak with disrespect, tensions arise.
4. God’s Word created Order out of chaos 2Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
• The Spirit of God moved and took away the chaotic- ness God’s Word goes deep into our hearts, it transforms our lives and keeps us from sin. David said, “10Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Hover over me
• Ezekiel tells us that God will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone God can take away the chaos
• Remember the man at the tombs Decapolis His life was Chaotic he was often chained hand and feet, he tore the chains and broke the irons from his feet, day and night he would cry out and cut himself with stones, Jesus brings order to his life
5. Jesus’ Words create Order for our lives
• Jesus offers words of hope to the life that has chaos “The woman Caught in the act of adultery” Jesus says, “ neither do I condemn you go and sin no more”
• Lepers lives were absolutely filled with chaos No touch, no hugs, no nearness to loved ones.
• Woman of Nain’s world turned into horrific chaos lost husband now lost her son but coming down the dusty road is Word that turns darkness to Light, He spoke to the Brier “let there be light” God saw everything that happened this day and said “It was good”
• God creates a Good World everything God created was good
• God creates Light in darkness
• God brings order out of Chaos We can do the same, with the words we speak today.
• Let The Spirit of God that moved on the waters move in our life’s this new year