Summary: God is able to make every grace overflow to you...
Tips for Fundraising: 2Cor. 9:8
1. Project your ministry, not yourself.
- “For we are not proclaiming ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your slaves because of Jesus.” 2Cor. 4:5
2. You are not alone in this endeavor.
- “…I will never leave you or forsake you.” Heb. 13:5
3. Attitude plays a major role in fundraising.
- “If I walk in the thick of danger, you will preserve my life from the anger of my enemies. You will extend your hand; Your right hand will save me. The Lord will fulfill His purpose in me.” Psa. 138:7-8
4. Do more friend raising than fundraising.
- “…give, and it shall be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, shall they give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.” Luke 6:38
5. Build a contact list.
- Rom. 16
6. Be generous in your use of pictures. Make it one page, if possible.
7. Schedule a phone call or follow up visit after sending the letter.
8. Request to speak to the pastor for a quick presentation for your ministry in Sunday school classes or before mission boards.
9. Present the opportunity for eternal investment.
10. Be creative, fresh and excited about what the Lord is planning to do through you.
11. Have a ready power point presentation of what you will be doing. Present that you are trusting in God to provide.
12. Have handouts or literature for a display table.
13. Ask for prayer support for the key to your pesenation.
14. Leave your e-mail and phone number to where you can be contacted.
15. Communication with the leaders is critical.
16. Keep good records of who you talk to.
17. Keep on asking.
- “Ask, and it shall be given to you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.” Matt. 7:7