Summary: The internal transformation produced by salvation
Characteristics of those not transformed:
1. They are ineffective (v. 17b)
2. They are ignorant (v. 18a)
3. They are isolated (v. 18b)
4. They are indulgent (v. 19)
What happens internally when we experience salvation?
1. When we are transformed, we set aside our past (v. 22).
A. We all have a past.
B. We all have a bad past.
C. We all need to do somethign about our past.
2. When we are transformed, we seek a new perspective (v. 23).
3. When we are transformed, we serve a new purpose (v. 24).
A. Our new purpose involves becoming like God.
B. Our new purpose involves living righteously.
C. Our new purpose involves living a holy life.