Summary: When life causes battering, the land is distant, and the seems to be against us that is when we can discover He is Truly the Son of God.
“Truly you are the Son of God." Matthew 14:22-33
1. When the storm came they experienced being battered.
• Life pounds relentlessly:27But Jesus immediately said to them "Take courage! Jesus appears as Peace
• When life is relentlessly pounding Jesus appears in the midst of storms as peace and our guard. Philippians 4:6-7 Philippians says, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
• Jesus in the text appears as Real Power despite the battering Jesus said, "It is I." Jesus claimed to Peter "I am the door"; "I am the way, the truth and the life."; "I am the bread of life"; "I am the good shepherd". Consider the Power of Jesus Matthew 28:18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority or all Power in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
• Jesus appears during the battering and said “Don’t be afraid." Trust in the Possibilities
One of the Possibilities is I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me
Here is a real possibility I can even walk on Water even in the midst of a real storm
WE can walk on water even at the midnight Hours Paul and Silas prayed they were walking on water
Wow consider this possibility "With God nothing is impossible"
2. When the storm came they found themselves far from Land. You can’t find anything to hold on
• When Land is Distant Doubt Creeps in 28"Lord, if it's you," Peter replied, " God seemed far away
• When Land is Distant we find ourselves Defenseless," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water." Peter says I can't make it on my own
• When Land is Distant we Find ourselves Defeated Job said 17:11My days have passed, my plans are shattered, and so are the desires of my heart.
• Psalmist believes Deliverance comes in God 11Give us aid against the enemy, for the help of man is worthless. 12With God we will gain the victory, and he will trample down our enemies Truly this is the Son of God
3. When the storm came they felt like the winds were against them.
• When life is Against Us we become depressed because the waters are deep, but Samuel said, 17"He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters.
• When Life is against us we have Broken Spirits but we must remember as the Psalmist say 18The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
• When life is Desperate again the Psalmist says 3You have shown your people desperate times; you have given us wine that makes us stagger. 4But for those who fear you, you have raised a banner a defense to be unfurled against the bow. you have given a defense against the great arrows
• When life is Against us and we are in darkness Isaiah says the following to a people in darkened days 2The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of deathA a light has dawned.
• While Life is against us hold on to God unchanging Hand don't Waver Romans 4:18Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed."D 19Without weakening in his faith,. 20Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and was fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised.