Summary: We have moments in our life that really make giant differences these are called Turning points. The sermon shares it is in those moment we make wise decisions, connect to God, take the opportunity, and be thankful.
It is a Turning Point Moment” Ephesians 5:15-20
One person said last Sunday Preacher I rededicated my life to God I told his father what his son said.
The father said, “Preacher I did to” That is a turning point
John Wesley had a turning Point moment at Aldersgate
The Apostle Paul on the road to Damascus
• Kairos Time does not refer to Clock time but it means a significant moment or a critical turning point in one’s life
1. Turning point Moment is to Make a Wise decision about your Life it is a Critical Moment
• 15Be very careful, then, how you live--not as unwise but as wise
• Psalm 37:30The mouth of the righteous man utters wisdom, and his tongue speaks what is just.
• Proverbs say, “The beginning of wisdom is to fear The Lord” “Do not be wise in your own heart but fear the Lord and shun evil”
• What would it profit a man if he gains the world but loses his soul.
2. Turning Point Moment is to Connect to The will of God
• 17Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is.
• John says we connect to Gods will by confessing I can of myself do nothing…because I do not seek my own but the will of the Father who sent me.” - John 5:30
We must pray earnestly, understand our circumstances and remember to study God’s word.
• Micah says we connect to Gods will by having Mercy, Justice and humbleness He hath showed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God.”-Micah 6:8 Micah clearly tells us what God’s will is for every one of us – mercy, justice and humbleness before the Lord
• Paul claims we connect to Gods will by not being conformed but by being transformed “And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what it is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”-Romans 12:2
• The Writer of Proverbs say we connect to Gods will by seeking for it. “Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths.”-Proverbs 3:6
3. Turning Point Moment Take the opportunity 16making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.
• Turning Point Move toward God and flee debauchery ( wickedness sin corruption) 18Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit.
• Turning Point become an instrument for the King of Kings 19Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord,
4. Turning Point Moment is to Be Thankful
• 20always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
5. In conclusion remember the Turning Point Moments that are Critical
• Turning point Moment it Critical for me to Make a Wise decision about your life
• Turning point Moment it is critical for me to Connect To the Will of God
• Turning point Moment it is critical for me to Take the Opportunity
• Turning point Moment it is critical for me to Be thankful