Summary: WE can look up because Jesus comes to our place, we can bring stuff to him, he pulls us to a side, and he opens things in our lives.
“We can Look Up” Mark 7:31-37
1. Notice Jesus comes to a place . Jesus will come to our place if we believe vs 31 31Then Jesus left the vicinity of Tyre and went through Sidon, down to the Sea of Galilee and into the region of the Decapolis
• What hinders Jesus from coming to our place? A lack of Faith John 6:5He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them. 6because of their lack of faith
• Jesus will not come to our place if We have a lack of passion for righteousness Paul says, “pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. 12Fight the good fight of the faith.
• Jesus will not come to our place if we have laid aside our relationship with him The church at Ephesus You have forsaken the love you had at the first and I will remove the candlestick except you repent”
2. Look up Church we can bring stuff unto Him 32There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man.
• Good news church we can bring issues to Him a lady brought unto him an issue of blood the bible says she “was diseased with an issue of blood twelve years, came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment:”
• They brought unto Him blindness and people see
• They brought unto him death but what does he do? He tells death to come forth “Lazarus come forth”
3. We can look up church he pull us aside 33After he took him aside, away from the crowd, Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears. Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.
• Jesus is Personal Notice Jesus pulls the death man aside Jesus is constantly pulling us to a side of Faith we never dreamed
• God pulled Noah to aside and told him how to build an ark that would save him and his family
• God pulled Moses to aside of a mountain where he could see a bush on fire and a place that was holy ground. This gave Moses great confidence in the great I am
• Jesus pull us to a side of newness of life that is phenomenal Noah builds an ark, Moses delivers the Israelites from bondage,
4. We can look up church because he opens things. 34He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him, "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!"). 35At this, the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly.
• His Heart is opened to Hear the word of God open our hears that we might hear words of truth
• His tongue loosed Open my mouth, and let me bear, Gladly the warm truth everywhere;
• His speech was plain I am sure he shared what God had done
5. In conclusion,
• Look Up Jesus comes to our place where we are if we keep the faith
• Look Up we can bring our stuff to him
• Look up he pulls us to a side of amazing’s
• Look up when we do things are opened
• Look up church we can’t stop talking about him 36Jesus commanded them not to tell anyone. But the more he did so, the more they kept talking about it. 37People were overwhelmed with amazement.
• Look up church "He has done everything well," they said. "He even makes the deaf hear and the mute speak." Wonder what he can do for me? Look up church my redemption draweth nigh