Summary: Sermon describes why we need Pentecost because we are attracted to self centeredness, we need light bearers, we need Pentecost because of what Pentecost births.
WE Need Pentecost Again Acts 2:1-21 We need Pentecost because there are lights that attract
1. One light of attraction are Houses of Ill Repute or Houses of Disorder-ness In Dayton Ohio at a Seminary less than 1 mile there was a small city of Neon, Purple, bright lights that attracted
• Where envy and self-ambition are found disorder and evil practices are found James says, 3. 16For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice. 17But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. 41What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don't they come from your desires that battle within you? 2You want something but don't get it. You kill and covet, but you cannot have what you want. You quarrel and fight. You do not have, because you do not ask God. 3When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures. 4You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world is hatred toward God? "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."B
• Don’t allow your house to become disorderly. The light in our house should be as James says purity, peace, lovingness, considerateness, submissiveness, filled with mercies, and sincerity.
2. We Need Pentecost because We are attracted by the light of Self Centeredness. We desire Top Gun ,
Top Dog, I am the man.
• King Uzziah felt he could burn incense because his power had increased but God had appointed only one group to do so Priests from the Tribe of Levi . Ponder the following
• 2 Chronicles 26:16But after Uzziah became powerful, his pride led to his downfall. He was unfaithful to the LORD and entered the temple of the LORD to burn incense on the altar of incense. 18 80 priests confronted him and said, "It is not right for you, Uzziah, to burn incense to the LORD. That is for the priests, 19Uzziah, who had a censer in his hand ready to burn incense, became angry. While he was raging at the priests, leprosyC broke out on his forehead. 21King Uzziah had leprosy until the day he died. He lived in a separate houseD --leprous, and excluded from the temple of the LORD. Jotham his son had charge of the palace and governed the people of the land.
• Recall in your mind the Great City of Nineveh there boasts hear the Self Centeredness Zephaniah 2: 15This is the carefree city that lived in safety. She said to herself, "I am, and there is none besides me."
• Now Hear the Word of The Lord to a Self-Centered Country 31 Woe to the city of oppressors, she does not draw near to her God. 3Her officials are roaring lions, 6"I have cut off nations; their strongholds are demolished. I have left their streets deserted, Their cities are destroyed; 7I said to the city, `Surely you will fear me and accept correction!'. But they were still eager to act corruptly 8Therefore wait for me," A I have decided to assemble the nations, and to pour out my wrath on them-- The whole world will be consumed by the fire of my jealous anger.