Summary: Sermon is based upon what one gets for free just because one serves God, eventhough we do not deserve it.
Invitation to all to Come and what one gets is free
551 "Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost.
1. This is what those in the exile thought
A.The Lord would absent himself from Him because of all the sin
B. They thought since they had nothing to offer God that God would not offer anything to them
2. Gods answer to a people who were in exile due to
B. Yoking to unbelievers
C. living in uncleanly ness
3. God's answer to these Undeserving people is Unmerited Favor
vs. 3 Give ear and come to me; hear me, that your soul may live.
4. God's answer to the unfaithfulness' is God will remain faithful
God will make an everlasting covenant with you, my faithful love promised to David. 4See, I have made him a witness to the peoples, a leader and commander of the peoples.
5. God's answer to those yoking to unbelievers you can be yoked to God and find forgiveness
vs. 7 Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him,
and to our God, for he will freely pardon
6. Gods answer to those who live in uncleanly - ness you can be Cleansed
vs. 5 Surely you will summon nations you know not, and nations that do not know you will hasten to you, because of the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, for he has endowed you with splendor
7. Exiled people can come back to life again and it is no cost Its Free
A. Free you just need to come thirsty
B. Free you just come hungry
C. Free you just need to listen 2"Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul
will delight in the richest of fare".
8. Free you just need to Seek Him today
vs 6 Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near.
9. Free you just need to forsake the old road you been traveling
7Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the LORD, and he will
have mercy on him, and to our God, for he will freely pardon.
10. The things you purchased today for Free are:
A. For free you got joy because you are coming back from the exile
vs 12 You will go out in joy
They will enter Zion with singing; everlasting joy will crown their heads. Gladness and joy will
overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away."
B. For Free you get the end of a famished parched land
the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.
C. For free you have reversal of desolation
vs 13 Instead of the thornbush will grow the pine tree, and instead of briers the myrtle will grow. This will be for the LORD's renown, for an everlasting sign, which will not be destroyed."