Summary: We have to know the Truth to be able to speak the Truth, We have to know the Truth to be able to defend the Truth, And we have to know the Truth to be able to Teach the Truth
Mt 7:15 “Beware of false prophets who come disguised as harmless sheep, but are really wolves that will tear you apart.
Mt 24:11 Many false prophets will appear and will lead many people astray.
• You know when you are in a situation – later you always think of what you should have said
• What I really wanted to say was that God didn’t send a JW to fix your car
• He sent a bunch of Christian Bikers to get the job done
This being said – what I took away from this and what bothered me the most was
• Everyone was standing around not knowing what to say
• What would you have said
Paul Tells us
2Co 11:13 These people are false apostles. They have fooled you by disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 2Co 11:14 But I am not surprised! Even Satan can disguise himself as an angel of light.
Now the question that needs to be asked today is
• If we cant defend the Gosple
• How can we lead others into the Kingdom?
• The big fancy college word Apologetics simply means defending the Gospel
• How can we minister if we don’t know what to say?
Some of you may be thinking so what
• The world views these people as a cult
• The kind that bother you at home when youre busy
• But listen to what they say
They believe in God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit
• They believe that it is their job to witness
• They are willing to go door to door to share this news
• Sounds a lot like what we believe and what we are suppose to do
• So it’s easy to see why someone who has a desire to know God
• A newby would fall into a cult like this
But lets take a minute to look at what they really believe on these topics
• Explain the Trinity
• Why they go door to door (Work for their salvation) (144000)
• The Watchtower Society goes so far as to warn new followers
• That friends and relatives may be used by Satan to try and get them to stop going
• To stop attending
So when someone comes along and tries to get them away from the group
• These new followers see this as the fulfillment of prophecy
• They were told this was going to happen!
Now this is what we need to be able to defend against
• Not the JW but them being out there saying this
• Now the man made the statement that nowhere in the Bible does it say that Jesus is God
So Lets start with Jesus Read John 1:1-5
Jn 1:1 In the beginning the Word already existed. He was with God, and he was God. Jn 1:2 He was in the beginning with God. Jn 1:3 He created everything there is. Nothing exists that he didn’t make. Jn 1:4 Life itself was in him, and this life gives light to everyone. Jn 1:5 The light shines through the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it.
The phrase "the Word was with God" indicates both equality and distinction
• We see there is an association with God
• The phrase shows that there is a "face to face thing going on."
• And because of this It suggests personality and coexistence with the Creator,
• And at the same time it is an expression of His creative being.
The three statements of v.1 bring out three different aspects of the nature of the Word.(Jesus)
The first speaks of his preexistence, the second of his distinctiveness, and the third of his deity.
(Elab on it does say)
• They claim that it is a force of God
• When I hear this I think about this Magical Force, something that cant be seen like the wind.
But listen to Jesus speaking in John 16:7 -Jesus is explaining His Death (Elab)
Jn 16:7 But it is actually best for you that I go away, because if I don’t, the Counselor won’t come. If I do go away, he will come because I will send him to you.
The Counselor, The Helper (American Standard) the Comforter (KJV)
• These versions don’t say that we will be counceled
• These versions don’t say that we will be helped
• They don’t say that we will be comforted
They all are intro by the word THE / Counselor / Helper / Comforter
• If it read in any of these versions that we would BE that would indicate a force, an action, a feeling
• Not to mention that in the second half of this verse it says He will come