Summary: The sermon shares how God continues to find value in us even when we are the mess.
What God Provides when we are the mess? Exodus 16:2-15
1. The Lord brought you out of Egypt This is what Israel was brought out of .What was in Egypt?
A. Enslavement of the People
B. Taskmasters were in Egypt
C. Task Master set affliction 11So they put slave masters over them to oppress them
D. Task Masters Gave them burdens They had to build treasure cities for Pharaoh Python Rameses
E. The Israelites service mad hard and lives were bitter Ex 1:13-14" the Egyptians came to dread the Israelites 13and worked them ruthlessly. 14They made their lives bitter with hard labor in brick and mortar and with all kinds of work in the fields; in all their hard labor the Egyptians used them ruthlessly.
2. After being delivered from these Task Masters in Egypt they are in the desert. Seemingly they forgot how the Mighty acts of God delivered them. WE often forget our deliverances as well, and lean towards the negative things that happen instead of the positives.
The Sin in Sinai Here is the mess.
A. They Muttered, They grumbled, They Complained against Moses and Aaron . 2In the desert the whole community grumbled against Moses and Aaron. , "If only we had died by the LORD's hand in Egypt! There we sat around pots of meat and ate all the food we wanted, but you have brought us out into this desert to starve this entire assembly to death."
B. They were really murmuring against God, Moses said, You are not grumbling against us, but against the LORD."
Paul makes it clear be careful when we murmur against God. . 1 Cor 10 9We should not test the Lord, as some of them did--and were killed by snakes. 10And do not grumble, as some of them did--and were killed by the destroying angel. (The serpents)
• One of the sins in Sinai was PRIDE, which makes one feel superior to others is totally wrong. This sin was Lucifer’s downfall! The Bible says, “Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall”. (Prov. 15:8)
• Another sin in Sinai GREED has caused more wars and created more gangsters and promoted more theft than any other sin. The Bible says, “Thou shalt not COVET...” (Ex. 20:17) “For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.” (1 Tim. 6:10-11)
• Yet another sin Sinai was LUST is the desire for something not lawfully yours. A sensual desire for the forbidden fruit! It includes an inordinate desire for power, control, sex, substance abuse or wealth. Lust always brings spiritual death, in the end! The Bible says, “Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.” (James 1:15)
• the final sin in Sinai was ANGER or HATRED causes high blood pressure, ulcers, violent confrontation and even murder! Jesus said, “But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes. “Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.“If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.” (1 John 2:11; 3:15; 4:20-21)
3. Consider what God provides when we are the mess. God as focused on the people and their needs rather than disturbed by their demands.
• When we are the mess like Israel God Provides His Presence 10While Aaron was speaking to the whole Israelite community, they looked toward the desert, and there was the glory of the LORD appearing in the cloud.
• When we are the mess God Provides Us with Provisions At twilight you will eat meat, and in the morning you will be filled with bread. Then you will know that I am the LORD your God.' ""I will rain down bread from heaven for you.
• When we are the Mess God still sees are Value Luke claims “even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.
• When we are the mess God still Provides His Patience with us Psalm 37:25
I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread
• When we are the mess God Provides Pardon Consider the word anyone who 21And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.'