Summary: Do you know what God’s vision and will for your ministry focus is for the year of 2004? Pastor, teacher, deacon, parent, disciple: you need to know God’s plan for how He desires for you to serve in His Kingdom for this year.
WHAT IS YOUR VISION FOR 2004?
Text: Habukkuk 2:1-2 NKJV
Introduction: "200 MORE IN 2004"
I. STAND YOUR WATCH
A. Be alert.
Watch for opportunities.
Listen for communications.
Wait on the Lord.
B. Be ready.
Have the skills necessary to perform your
ministry, to accomplish your mission.
C. Be available.
Be at your post and be available to serve at
II. SEE WHAT GOD SAYS TO YOU
A. Be prayerful.
Speak to God. Ask Him for what you need.
For direction, wisdom, power.
B. Be receptive.
Listen to God. Receive from Him those things
that only He can give.
Be willing to obey any order, assignment, task,
C. Be in the Word.
Be familiar with "the Training Manual",
III. WRITE THE VISION
A. Be definite.
Specify what is to be done, when, how, where,
by whom, for whom, etc.
B. Be communicative.
Tell others, listen to others, draw upon the
wisdom of others.
Safety in many counselors.
C. Be clear.
Articulate, refine, clarify.
IV. RUN WITH THE VISION
A. Be responsive.
"Put feet to your prayers."
Put hands to your vision.
Apply your vision to everything around you.
B. Be active.
Do it. Your vision will call you to go
somewhere (direction) and to do something
(mission). Answer the call.
C. Be diligent.
Progress through it. Don’t give up.
V. LIVE BY FAITH (verse 4)
A. Be believing. \
B. Be obedient. >- SUCCESS IN GOD’S EYES.
C. Be faithful. /
Someone has commented:
"We have not been called and commanded us
to be successful;
He has called and commanded us
to be faithful."
WORLD <- SUCCESS -> GOD (Different perspective)
Conclusion: No matter what, rejoice in the LORD
and joy in the God of your salvation.
Let this be our concluding praise/prayer
as you repeat after me:
Habukkuk 3:18-19 NKJV
Yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will joy in the God of my salvation.
The LORD God is my strength;
He will make my feet like deer’s feet,
And He will make me walk on my high hills. Amen.
"200 MORE IN 2004!"
Some of these might be individual goals, some corporate goals:
1. 200 more Bibles given away.
2. 200 more souls guided into the Kingdom of God.
3. 200 more people reading their Bibles like they’ve
never read them before.
4. $200 more given this year (or 200 more
5. 200 more disciples studying and growing to
6. 200 more people involved in home Bible study.
7. 200 more seconds/minutes/hours/days per
day/week/month/year invested in prayer,
witnessing, worship, Bible study, training,
ministering, writing, encouraging, helping,
inviting, praising, meditating on God and His
Word, working in the church, volunteering to
_______, working in the school, etc.
8. 200 more families invited to church.
9. 200 cards or letters of encouragement sent.
10. 200 verses memorized.
11. 200 chapters read in the Bible.
12. 200 testimonies given by members before the church.
13. 200 doors knocked on.
14. 200 invitation brochures/tracts placed.
15. 200 small gifts of appreciation given.
16. 200 sincere compliments expressed, nice things
said to build someone up.
17. 200 more "200 MORE" ideas.