Summary: The sermon shares the necessity of being prepared by waiting, by walking with the Holy Spirit, by willingness, and if we do these we will have no worries.
What it takes to be ready for the Coming of the lord? Matthew 25: 1-13
The term "Parousia" refers to 2 coming of Jesus Christ.
1. Note these 10 Virgins are Bridesmaids
• They are five wise and five foolish. These are compared to Matthew 7: 24-27 like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash."
2. The Foolish Brides simply put did not prepare properly to meet the groom
• They had their Lamps, but had no oil
• The Groom was a long time in coming they all became drowsy and fell asleep.
• Then at Mid Night there was a cry : `Here's the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!'
3. It takes more than just good intentions to be ready for the coming of Jesus
• It takes Waiting. Waiting with alert-ness in mind we should wait with an earnest desire 6My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning.
• We wait with Patience on God Psalm 40 declares to those who wait I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. 2He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock
• WE wait with Confidence in the Lord Micah says, 7But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.
• Be Waiting with alertness, be waiting with great desire, wait with patience, wait with Confidence, but don’t do like the foolish 5The bridegroom was long in coming, and they waited and became drowsy and fell asleep.
4. The Virgins should have waited, but they also should have walked with Oil before the coming of the Lord . Notice 3The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil. 4The wise, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps
• We are to walk according to Gods Commands Psalm 1Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. 2But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. 3He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.
• WE are to walk in the Good Way Jeremiah 16This is what the LORD says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.
• We are to walk in newness of Life? Romans 6:4We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.
5. The Virgins should have waited on the lord, should have walked with oil, and they should have lived their